Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

So I bought a C9300-24UX-A for my homelab (not new). It came with a C9300-NM-4G and I also bought a C9300-NM-2Y (dual sfp28) however I cannot get either module to show up in suing "show inventory" and the 25gb module does not ever get a link with the...

Hello Guys, we have one 9500-16X and we need to upgrade its image from 16.12.4 to 17.9.4a. I am having one doubt that what steps required to upgrade its rommon? Currently rommon image is 16.12.2r and i found that to upgrade its rommon & image we need...

Noovi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a problem with 'IP DHCP SNOOPING', we have port on switch that it is connected a access control device, but, it doesn't work when we set port with 'ip dhcp snooping limit rate 10', we snifered mirroring this port in notebook with wireshark in...

Team,We have a requirement of configuring "lacp rate fast" on our Cisco switch. We understand that this is not recommended with SSO.In this case we are looking to configure this on a "N9K-C93360YC-FX2" switch. On these switch with no SUP failure capa...

Good morning,I created a virtual stack between two WS-C3850-48XS-S model switches, but in terms of interfaces I currently have two types.Active switch: TenGigabitEthernet1/0/1-48 and TenGigabitEthernet1/1/1-16Standby switch: TenGigabitEthernet2/0/1-4...

hfaisca by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I am in the process of migrating from a core switch 4x SG500XG-8F8T in a stack, to a core switch 4x CBS350-24XTS.Now I noticed with the lags that only 8 lag groups can be created there. Previously there were 32 on the SG500XG 8F8T.I don't u...

Hello All,On checking, the ISE device is not reachable. From the switch end logs, it's showing connected but not reachable via ping. Always did shut/unshut to bring up the ISE device. The switch end logs look wired.What is the meaning of "operational...

Madhu by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Full message as the switch starts to boot, and it sits there for a couple of minutes at least:"Both links down, not waiting for other switches                                                                         Switch number is 1"This switch isn'...

mdodge by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Team,I have replaced the cable, SFP but still the port going to be err-disabled mode. Please let me know the reason for the error-disabled.  The port connected to the Palo Alto Firewall on another side. Model: C9300X-24YLogs:SW#sh int status | ...

Madhu by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ip arp inspection

My user traffic is being blocked on my switch (Catalyst 9300) due to the IP ARP INSPECTION requirement from DISA STIG requirements. I don't understand why. Can someone enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong?

I am teying to configure VTP mode on access switch. But it doesnt allow me to configure. When i typ VTP its not giving any result or it giving incomplete command

ziyadps by Level 1
  • 25 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes