Voice over IP

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Forum Posts

We have two internet connections, one for voice and one for data, we are  using IPSLA to provide failover between the two, however if the voice  link fails we always have to run "clear xlate" to get the phones to come  back online

Resolved! codec functions

Hi everybodyhttp://www.en.voipforo.com/codec/codecs-g711-alaw.phpBased on the above link, codec performs quantization and codification.  My question is who performs sampling of analog signal if not  codec?thanks and have a great day.

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to determine if Cisco 6921 phones are actually compatible with Inline Power (Cisco pre-standard).  I have seen multiple data sheets from Cisco that say that they are, and then others that say that they only support 802.3af.  They are 6.3w...

I have a 1760 router with voice (c1700-ipvoicek9-mz.124-15.T11.bin) working fine.I am trying to use a translation rule on one of my FXS ports to redirect all fax calls from that line but it is not working.  I want any number called from this line to ...

Hi Has anyone had any experience configuring QoS on catylst switches for Mitel phones?  I am hoping to classify voice traffic using COS 5(as per cisco phones).The mitel 5220 phones support CDP, so I have configured my test switch port as follows.inte...

After troubleshooting and looking through logs, I think I found it.  SIP fixup appears to be working but the RTP ports specified in the SIP Invite are not being opened by the ACL.4|Mar 29 2012|13:33:45|106023|<<VENDOR ADDRESS 1>>|8290|<<USER ADDRESS ...

HI All,I need your expertise on following questions, I appreciate in advance for your timeWe just purchased cisco 2960 for our VoIP needs and we are using polycom phones,  and Phone and Computer will use same port.Since Polycom phones are capable wor...

malesefxx by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

how do i create script to locate  dialed 800 & 911 number from all of my 6 sites, voice gateways configured in MGCP, all sites are meshed with MPLS [ PNT] wan, through blogs i have an idea  we can run a  sql command on pub or sub  to get desired resu...

m.ateeque by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes