cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, Below is current network topology :- Network A ---> Symantec FW ---> Internet I need to add PIX 501 in following way :- Network A ---> PIX 501 ---> Symantec FW ---> Internet Problem Description:- I don´t have have prior configuration knowledge / ...

aap78 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have a 506E running 6.3.4We only have 1 IP address to play with so we use PAT on the outside interface.Can we have PPTP and IPSEC enable on the outside interface to allow incoming VPN connections and also enable a IPSEC VPN tunnel to another PI...

Hi I am using a VPN3005 for a client to site VPN. Users are connecting to the 3005 from home and the 3005 is authenticating directly against a 2003 domain controller using Kerberos. The problem is that I have a user who has a long last name and the...

jcleary by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We're just starting to deploy VPN authentication with certificates as our remote sites are beginning to have dynamic IPs (for $$$ reasons). However, at the central location, we have PIX firewalls in failover. Use pre-shared keys works well in failo...

jamesgef by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a few users set up with VPN clients 4.0.3 into a PIX 506 firewall. One user is complaining that he cannot check email and browse the web when he is attached to the corporate internet through VPN. I explained to him this is the stateful fi...

xtech by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Why does the PIX documentation say that Easy VPN Remote is supported on PIX 501/506 only whilst it works perfectly well on PIX 515 too?http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/cmdref/tz.htm#wp1048520Does anybody know any ...

ovt by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

WE have pix 515e with FOS 6.3 ,We need to have two vpn tunnels in place from this pix to the same peer in a failover scenario ie if one VPN fails over one link another VPN configured over another link to the same peer takes overThe peer is also a PIX...

HiIs it possible on the PIX to protect against PPTP dictionary attacks i.e. after 3 failed attempts block the host for 10 minutes?I guess in theory someone could just sit there trying combinations of usernames/passwords otherwise.Thoughts?Thanks

n.oneill by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Currently, if users mistype their login 3 time, it will disallow them to connect to the VPN concentrator of course, but it also, while setup through RADIUS (Cisco ACS) locks their account. In keeping with Local security policy, how do I change it so...

dpatkins by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Is it possible to have full access to the machine inside network (behind PIX using PAT) from outside? Not just a particular port but all ports for all the machines inside the network? if yes, please guide me.Thanks,Iltiaz

inagaria by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have just installed Cisco VPN Client 4.0.3 on my new XP laptop. I seem to be ok connecting to sites on my corporate LAN but I cannot connect to anything beyond that. I have an old laptop with what appears to be the same setup which works ok (WInd...

Almartin by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have an IPsec endpoint on a Cisco2600.With this router I have a dynamic routing process who inject a default route to another interface that interface who receive IPSec packets(I need this default route).Now I try to connect on this router with ...