cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have a few users set up with VPN clients 4.0.3 into a PIX 506 firewall. One user is complaining that he cannot check email and browse the web when he is attached to the corporate internet through VPN. I explained to him this is the stateful fi...

xtech by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Why does the PIX documentation say that Easy VPN Remote is supported on PIX 501/506 only whilst it works perfectly well on PIX 515 too?http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/cmdref/tz.htm#wp1048520Does anybody know any ...

ovt by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

WE have pix 515e with FOS 6.3 ,We need to have two vpn tunnels in place from this pix to the same peer in a failover scenario ie if one VPN fails over one link another VPN configured over another link to the same peer takes overThe peer is also a PIX...

HiIs it possible on the PIX to protect against PPTP dictionary attacks i.e. after 3 failed attempts block the host for 10 minutes?I guess in theory someone could just sit there trying combinations of usernames/passwords otherwise.Thoughts?Thanks

n.oneill by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Currently, if users mistype their login 3 time, it will disallow them to connect to the VPN concentrator of course, but it also, while setup through RADIUS (Cisco ACS) locks their account. In keeping with Local security policy, how do I change it so...

dpatkins by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Is it possible to have full access to the machine inside network (behind PIX using PAT) from outside? Not just a particular port but all ports for all the machines inside the network? if yes, please guide me.Thanks,Iltiaz

inagaria by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have just installed Cisco VPN Client 4.0.3 on my new XP laptop. I seem to be ok connecting to sites on my corporate LAN but I cannot connect to anything beyond that. I have an old laptop with what appears to be the same setup which works ok (WInd...

Almartin by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have an IPsec endpoint on a Cisco2600.With this router I have a dynamic routing process who inject a default route to another interface that interface who receive IPSec packets(I need this default route).Now I try to connect on this router with ...

When using VPN Client 4.0.3, can the web be accessed "around" the VPN tunnel via the same ethernet port, or does all web access have to go through the tunnel to my company's proxy server to go out to the web? I'm using DSL via a Linksys 4 port route...

zemplain1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a customer that has tried installing 2 different version of the Cisco VPN client and it seems to complete the install then immediately uninstalls. On a XP box with all service packs up to date. Not aware of any other vpn clients on machine o...

cuy by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We experience a lot of problems with the Sign In on Windows Messenger over VPN between 2 PIX firewalls. Most of the time, several Sign In attempts are necessary, before we get connected. Once connected, everything works fine.Is there anything known a...

Hello,How can i hide a pc from internet when using a cisco vpn client to access a lan network over internet.The client access internet from RTC and then make a tunnel to the VPN gateway. I want to fully block internet access except the VPN.How can i ...

e-mourad by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes