cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

Ask Me Anything Event   Welcome to the Cisco Community Ask Me Anything conversation. Submit your questions from  Monday, October 14, 2024 through Friday, October 28, 2024. Our colleagues Saikat Nandy, Parithosh Vema and Naveen Kumar will be waiting ...

sanandy.jpg pvema.png nkumarm.jpg

I am installing an autonomous 1242AG/ AP and 7921s. I have a data vlan and a voice vlan. Devices within both vlans are not acquiring an ip address. 7921s are showing associated but with no ip address. Does anyone have a sample config that has a d...

Anybody current using peer to peer blocking on guest/untrusted WLAN(s) while using 7920 21's on seperate voice WLAN? Most configuration/deployment guides state you shouldn't use this feature with voice deployed. Please correct/point me in the right...

I always have configured the access points with only SSID and now and the port of the switch in mode access...I would like configure two ssid in my cisco access points ? I can do it ? In the switch the port must be configured as access port too?

Could anyone tell me if a pair of AP1410s will work if the remote antenna is obscured by trees? If so, what kind of signal loss should I expect? If not, can you point me to an alternative? The distance between APs will be about 3KM.

bbrunke by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,which is the differece between the SSID and the BSSID ?On my WIFI Bridge with "sh controller" command the output is:...Number of Supported simultaneous BSSID on Dot11Radio0: 8...is this also the limit of the maxium number of SSID ?If I need to con...

I have a 4404 controller with a Microsoft IAS server running radius. I can connect to the WLAN when I have no encryption. When I turn on WPA2 with AES and try to connect it fails. I ran the debug dot1x events enable and here is the output. There ...

Hello, I have a few questions regarding the initial set up of the WISM in my 6509E. I'm using this as a guide:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/wism/technical/reference/appnote.html#wp69837This step: ! -- Create the vlan in the Supe...

Hi,I'm looking to combine three 54Mbps Wireless radios to increase wireless bandwidth, load balancing and redundancy. My intention was to create an etherchannel using the connected Cisco 2960 switch ports but I have read this is not a recommended sol...

aoyawale by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I am new to wireless and trying to determine what is the best authentication/encryption mechanism we can implement for our WLAN that does need WLC's. We have six 1242 AP's and an ACS. I want to be able to authenticate both laptops and phones a...

Hi,I want so secure my WLAN against rogue LWAPPs. I found the option "Authorize APs against AAA" under "SECURITY -> AAA -> AP Policies". So, it's only possible to authorize them against my IAS RADIUS server?How dou you protect your network agaisnt ro...

I have been presented with this problem at work.A client is going to have multiple 1242AG access points, and they want to know if it is possible to have one AP push some users over to another AP, if one of the AP's is being too overloaded.ie:say you ...

roopjmTDS by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

was reading this..http://www.frsirt.com/english/advisories/2007/0690http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sa-20070221-supplicant.shtmlthe only software we use for clients on our data network is CSSC 4.1,5.0 and soon 5.1we dont use trust agent.am...

meggerman by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,My setup:WLC 44021131 Access pointsProblem: Some AP radios are shutdownand cant be brought up. out of 17 APs3 APs are like this.Trap Logs show this:AP's Interface:0(802.11b) Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC:00:1f:9e:27:6e:20 Cause=Radio Low...

rocampo by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card