cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

I am wanting to add wireless to our campus, but I also want to protect our wired network. The powers that be also want a single login for our clients (students with differant types of wireless cards). I am looking at using the 1200 series APsCould ...

Hi there,I was wondering if anyone has suggestions, guidelines or just rules of thumb in performing a site survey. What tools do you normally use, and what methods do you use to test your setup once it has been deployed? Thanks.

Okay, here is a quick question. How is the best way to calculate vertical beam width for wireless antenna's. Here is an example. Let's say you have a 12db OMNI with a 7 degree V beam width. It's mounted on a pole 100' in the air. .25 miles away...

swood by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey People,I just bought an 1100 Aironet running IOS and want to know how to setup a DHCP server on it that will dole out IP addresses to my wireless clients.I couldn't find how to do it in the user guide.Thanks--Steve

sberg by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm very new to the wireless world but had a question regaurding antennas. I want to setup a room with a wireless access point connected to a cable modem. This would be used by customers coming into our building that wanted internet access. The pr...

mjgoodman by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am new to LEAP, and don't know what to expect. How long is LEAP supposed to take to authenticate? It takes about a minute the first time I connect after rebooting.I run 12.01(T1) on a 1200AP, an Aironet 350 card, the latest release of the client ...

jmatus by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an AP1200 that looses connectivity internmittently to the network. This is the only AP1200 I have. I do not experience this problem with any AP340 or AP350's. If I start a continous ping from the wireless client, at certain points the ping ...

pallette by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When using PEAP does the certificate that you are using have to be a "real" certificate (i.e. purchased from a CA like Verisign) or can you use a certificate created by the certificate manager in Win2k Server?Thanks

nagle by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Some questions about the trunk between switchport and an AP350:how to configure the trunk between Cat6500 an AP350 (is set trunk 4/19 ondot1q in conjunction with clear trunk and enable trunk at the AP enough)?which VlanID is the fec0 Interface associ...

mschuh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I want to conduct a Site Survey (AP352 and PCMCIA Card on iPAQ with AC2.22), my goal is to have a data rate of 11 Mbps everywhere.What is the best on the site survey utility :- Active or passive mode ?- On passive mode : what is the minimum accept...

rfrederic by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

David,You are right, it is the same link.Have only done two Wireless Bridge installs. This is the first dual Remote.As I thought, the Alignment test stat are not bad. The link should not be dropping every half an hour unless there is some other probl...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card