cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

Ask Me Anything Event   Welcome to the Cisco Community Ask Me Anything conversation. Submit your questions from  Monday, October 14, 2024 through Friday, October 28, 2024. Our colleagues Saikat Nandy, Parithosh Vema and Naveen Kumar will be waiting ...

sanandy.jpg pvema.png nkumarm.jpg

I was originally looking at the Cisco Aironet solid dish antenna but I have found some other Antennas that are also 24 dBi that can reach the same distances. These other Antennas are 1/10th the cost of the Cisco dish. What is going to be the biggest ...

MSNiCROS by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have setup a home business with a wireless LAN using a Cisco 350 AP and PCMCIA card(s). I have tried a number of different frequencies only to find that they have not make a significant difference in the range that users have within the house. Th...

gbarr by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to associate a 350 workgroup bridge with a Nokia access point (A032, I believe - ISP's AP). The association works immediately but I cannot get out to the internet. The ISP provided me with a Zcomax radio (XWL450) that associates imme...

rsimhamb by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Any help would be greatly appreciated.Here is the Scenario.We have a PIX 525 (6.01) with two external Interfaces. these connect to two separate routers, (which are talking to each other using iBGP)The problem I am encountering is, with internally ...

I have a Cisco 3620 router with 4 fast ethernet, 2 serial ports and 1 ISDN BRI S/T. To connect to my ISP, I'm using an Aironet 340 Wireless Bridge, tunneled through Fast Ethernet 0/0 on router. Is that configuration correct? Because I'm paying 128 Kb...

t_wibowo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone have some input on the best way to setup a provider senario. I want to put up a bridge in a rural location on a cellular tower and provide service to 3 different businesses. Without putting up 3 seperate WLANs, what way do you suggest to ...

jkemery by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am using several 340's and 4800's. I run Novell 3.12 at this shop. When I go from AP to AP I get a "Client 32 " error for 10-30 sec than all is well. What is causing this and how can I avoid this?

mgadbois by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, understand that EAP generate dynamic WEP keys for individual client and sessions. Does that means that the same client firing an FTP session and Telnet session uses different WEP keys? Does the per session refers to source/destination IP as well ...

Has anyone heard when a low cost CPE wireless modem may be ready for an ISP to use at residential sites. I had heard that it would be ready by end of summer but have not seen any announcements.

tmehok by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone have a list of installer across the country who specialize in 802.11? Working on a national project that will require the help of installers and network management.Thanks, Stuart@Revenue.com

s-browne by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Could someone tell me how better is VOFDM over SCM? We want to install wireless in midwest where there is a lot of tree coverage, would it benefit us if we went VOFDM instead of 802.11b route?Also want to know if clear visual line of sight is not ...

arsondhi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm waiting on the arrival of my new 350 access point for the office here. I just read an article about a new product; AirSnort, being able to passively collect information about a wireless network with the ability to break 40 bit encryption within ...

l.crowder by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Anyone know if there's an EAP client available for Linux, handling the authentication process the same way that WinXP does (doesn't rely on the wirelessclient's driver/software)?Thanks!-Mika Mustikkamaki

mtm by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know how I might go about finding access points in my organization that non-IT dept. folks have stood up? as far as i can tell, the software that came with my cisco wireless card will only let me connect to those that i know the name of....

bkibbey by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card