IPv6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

For those of you who recently sat your exam. I am curious as to how much IPv6 questions existed? According to the CCNA Blueprint topics, how much IPv6 did you actually encounter on the exam? Thanks to all for the valuable input!

rathuweli by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hello everyone  i am deploying IPv6 multicast over DMVPN and i could not find any command to support ipv6 pim nbma-mode, is there any alternative solution for deploying IPv6 multicast over DMVPN (i am assuming Source and Receivers are located in Spok...

Wailess84 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 10 Helpful votes

I'm looking for general config for VDSL PPPoE on a Cisco 867VAE I have a  block of Public IP addresses and I only what to use this router to give out the public IP addresses for devices.  So no NAT or Firewall, No Private IP's, no other services - ju...

Hello, we have a dot1q tunnel to our co-locationand can ping the servers in the co-locationover IPv4, but not over IPv6. The serversget an IPv6 address through the dot1q tunnelfrom the router interface per statelessaddress autoconfiguration, but I ca...

ralfw by Level 1
  • 32 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If I ping tools.cisco.com it is successful via ipv4:ROUTER# ping tools.cisco.comType escape sequence to abort.Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 173.37.145.8, timeout is 2 seconds:!!!!!Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 62/62/...

Resolved! ipv6 BGP routing

I'm testing the ipv6 BGP routing.I have configured as below, but communication is not working.What am I missing?In addition, what are the settings for best practices of ipv6 routing? Thanks for your help.

bgp route.jpg
chaname by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hello,   We have two ISPs. ISP1 is assigning us with /56 prefix via DHCP6-PD and it's very flaky and changes all the time while ISP2 has provided us with /56 static. Our plan is to use the ISP1 prefix for clients that don't care about changed IP and ...

Does ASA still not support announcement of DNS servers in RA? If not, what may the reason be for that?I may have to switch to another brand of firewall, because RA DNS announements are needed.

dal by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On ASA IPv4 "dual ISP" failover is well documented (ex: here and here) and works well. Is this a supported feature for IPv6?Also, are there any technical documents that describe best practices for configuring IPv6 with two ISPs on a Cisco ASA?Thanks!...

640KB by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello !I try to configure a static ipv6 address on the Cellular interface and get the following error message:"Can't add negotiated ipv6 address".Error message is also on an unconfigured Cellular interface ! (Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.09.08)i...

torles by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys, I am currently trying to setup IPv6 DMVPN alongside IPV4 DMVPN, in order to pass both address families. However there is no IPv6 NHRP command under tunnel interface.  I am able to create BGP peering in both address families just using IPV4,...

bozo.bogd by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Top Solution Authors

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card