Metro

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Why not to strat a few PPPoE servers? As number of customers run out of one PPPoE terminator abilities.As RFC 2516 says PADI is asking ONE OR MORE terminators (which send answers as PADO).The idea is to share CPUs and abilities among several PPPoE s...

We are running an ethernet to the premise network providing ip voice, video, and data services. This works very well but we do not have a good solution to provide private links for our business customers. I am looking at using MPLS tunnels but becaus...

drheams by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello. I have almost the same question as someone else. Our case is that we provide L2PT tunnels to customers remote sites as a service provider.CPE | -- | PE -- P - P - PE | -- | CPEThe thing is that we as the provider are supposed to manage the CPE...

We're implementing WAN where a 7206 connects via GB to 15454 GB, which in-turn is mapped into 3 STS-1's. This actually provides us with 155MB throughput on the GB. Therefore, considering we have VOIP and other mission critical applications riding t...

tgonter by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

From http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5532/products_qanda_item09186a00801eb822.shtml :--------------Q. What SFPs are supported on the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Series?A. Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Series switches support 1000BASE-LX,...

rokp by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, bear with me while i explain the situationwe have a alvarion wireless soloution set up to provide 360 degree 10km coverage of the local area. We are going to be sharing this service with many other companies but will retain control over the mana...

jmoss1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i am using WS-G5487 (1000BASE-ZX) on couple of my optical links and they are working just fine. but next week i have to establish two link that are over 70 KM (77 and 78 KM). in WS-G5487 data sheet max range on G.652 is about 70 KM. so if someone has...

damirs by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Reading the docs on the 3750 it would appear that this little switch claims to be able to do EoMPLS and L3VPNs. Has anyone tested this theory out yet? I am due to get a couple and will begin testing this device to death.

while a lot of vendors support H-VPLS, it's not supported by 6500/7600. Does anyone have some details why it's not supported?

r-cheung by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Imagine, customer XY wants to connect his two sites A and B over a SP's network with QinQ tunneling technology in the SP's network.The customer has two vlans (10 and 20) spanning both sites. Each site is connected with a dot1q trunk to the SP.There i...

I have a problem when use MRTG server get IN/OUT traffic over SRP interface of GSR12012.It can't seperate traffic to side A and side B with standard configure on MRTG server.The OID defined to 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10 and follow by number that come from ...

thaworn by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes