ATTENTION: We are currently working an issue with posting. Thank you for your patience while we work on a resolution.

Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

I've been waiting for CSM 3.1 since it's supposed to support IPS 6.x but the download section doesn't show 3.1 as an option. There is a patch for 3.1 but not the app itself. It sure sounds like it was available as there are people talking about it ...

Hello,The PIXs are is FW2139 and FW2140. I am user "show failover" command, the PIX is below information.FW2139Failover On Cable status: NormalFailover unit PrimaryFailover LAN Interface: N/A - Serial-based failover enabledUnit Poll frequency 15 seco...

hkj0516 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI,Please guide me for the followingI have 2 PIX525 in failover mode.In the primary I have configured the followingfailoverfailover timeout ----secfailover poll --secfailover IP address inetrface 1 (Secondary PIX Interface IP address)failover IP add...

Lavanholy by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am running FWSM 2.3(3) and need to upgrade to 3.1(4). Booted maintenance partition to check version 2.1(2) requirement. I found that mp is up to date.After "hw-module module 1 reset", I cannot access the FWSm anymore. 6509-SW-01#sess slot 1 pro 1Th...

espmolina by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I've configured my 878 router as a PPTP VPN server. It works very fine and very quickly. Using the XP VPN client from a remote site, I can "see" all servers in my network.2 questions 1) When doing telnet on the 878 through the VPN, it is very s...

I need to upgrade 515E's from v6.x to the latest PIX IOS and firmware versions. I think that would be v 7.2 for the PIX IOS. Can anybody share beneficial knowledge from their experiences?Should I be concerned about the configurations when upgrading f...

I currently have CSA 4 installed on 500 desktops. What is the upgrade path to version 5, do the licenses migrate into a new version 5 install or is there a migration / upgrade part number.

fhunter by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In order to do failover between 2 PIX 515 firewall is there any specific requirement that the hardware configuration on both the PIX to be the same, i.e the no.of ethernet ports , RAM etc. Say if I have 3 FE ports on one firewall and the other firew...

Trying to perform password recovery on Pix 515. Put my laptop on 10.1.1.1 & PIX on 10.1.1.5, connecting via Eth0 but cannot ping thru. In monitor mode now (via hyperterm). Tried cross-over & straight...any ideas on what I am doing wrong??? thanks so ...

Hi,I would like to use an ASA (7.2) as the DG for clients on a single subnet site. The site does not have a router that i have access to. However, the site also has dedicated circuit connected to the LAN allowing access to several remote sites. Howev...

In a few places, we have a sensor both behind and in front of a firewall and both of them are underutilized. With v6, it would seem that monitoring both links using separate physical monitoring interfaces and virtual sensors would be possible. I'm c...

mhellman by Level 7
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Recently installed an ASA 5509 to protect an iSeries webserver on the internal network. Ended up having to change the default gateway of the iSeries to the inside address of the ASA in order for the outside world to access the website.Since we did t...