Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

We have 2 nodes that are in a terminal configuration.  The fibre between the 2 nodes is 20 Km, the node has a SMR2, OSCM and GE-XPE card in the chassis.  We have manually configured the node and on the SMR card we have the OSC and Line ports in green...

Hi, I have ordered the wrong SPA for a ASR 1001-X.  Instead of the 1-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet SPA I have the 10GE LAN/WAN PHY SPA. If have the right XFP, can i still use to connect to my service provider (assume LAN mode) to a standard 10GbE interfac...

swallace by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,   I have a Nexus switch which gives me below error. I have port security configured with mac address sticky and max mac allow of 2 in ethernet 1/2. I have stp disable on both the port.   I would like to know what does this error mean . Is it ...

aprasad11 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 3850 SFP

Hi All,   I have a switch 3850 which has 1G SM SFP installed and the other switch is a cisco router which has 10G SM SFP.   I would like to know if I interconnect both the device with a SM fiber where switch has 1G SFP and router 10G SFP will it work...

aprasad11 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ref. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/800/hardware/installation/guide/800HIG/installing.html What is the CISCO part number for the “Low Profile DIN Mount” depicted on Figure 2-30 on the link above?  Are they still available?

howieli by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a need to connect a Nexus 93120TX to (2) Nexus 9504's. The 9300 is located about 2 miles away from the 9504s. Site A has the (2) 9500s and Site B has the 9300. Throughput requirement is 10GigE.  Here's the challenge, as of now, there is only a...

jahetrick by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Top Solution Authors

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card