Other Network Architecture Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Forum Posts

We have 2 Cat 4000 96 port switches. I changed the port duplex and speed for a standard port and all of sudden I couldn't ping this switch anymore? Traffice still flows through the switch . Why would this happen? Is there a config to disable telnet ...

techmail by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!Another problem on my 6509sup1-2GE.LOOK WHAT HAPPEN TO THE 6509.HAVE A LOOK:Router#remote login switchCannot remote to switch......................................Router#show bootBOOT variable = slot0:c6sup11-dsv-mz.121-20.E2,1CONFIG_FILE variable...

alsayed by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm going to use Metro-Ethernet with fast ethenet port on 4ESW in 2851XM router.Because the port can not work as L3, I set VLAN. But far end device is not Cisco. I need to dot1q for this connection but I can't.How can I enable dot1q encapsulation for...

wingu by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Thank you first!I was given this situation:PC1--Gateway1---WAN---Gateway2--PC2;pc1 can ping pc2, but pc2 cannot ping pc1. more generally, PC1 can ping outside, but none of the outside nodes can ping PC1.I found the guy put a wrong IP of Gateway1 in P...