Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Get

Forum Posts

Is it possible to translate destination ports traversing the PIX? I have a situation where I need to translate destination port 80/tcp to 30080/tcp on outside interface going to a DMZ (public IP range).Furthermore, this should only be done for specif...

haver by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! PPTP over NAT

I have a client wanting to allow inbound PPTP to theie internal network. They are running NAT on a 1751 with IOS 12.2 and have a single public IP. They are using static NAT entries to allow inbound SMTP and terminal services. Static NAT entries do no...

I did a port scan on my router and it reported that the router is listening on ports 25 & 110. I don't have any mail services running behind the firewall. Why would the router be listening on these ports and how do I shut them off?I am using ACLs & C...

I have a client who we just put a new DMZ card in for on a 515. Moved a machine out to the DMZ and that server can be accessed from the outside no problem (web server). The problem is, that there is no access from the LAN to the DMZ. I have compar...

9clord by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to use a 1710 for a GRE end-point. The DSL provider requires PPPoE authentication. Is there any sample configs that show how to have a 1710 authenticate to a Westel Modem (configured as a bidge) and use the bridges IP (static)? I can do the...

t.holden by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am using the configurations given in the following linkhttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/netsol/ns110/ns170/ns171/ns27/networking_solutions_white_paper09186a008018914d.shtmlBut i am not able to see the IPSec SAs in the routers.The output of sh ...

I have three questions here all related to the policy for a Cisco IDS appliance.1. For a new install, when I initialize a Cisco IDS sensor, does it have the default Cisco IDS policy? By default policy, I mean most signatures enabled, some signatures ...

msmitha by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there going to be any comprehensive documentation released on version 4.0 of the IDS sensor?The is no documentation on this new RDEP protocol or the architecture of the device. Quite honestly, the documentation is really shoddy for version 4.0.Qui...

dawsonpa by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Top Solution Authors