cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

How to Configure a router for Dual ISPs

The Scenario is : We have 2 ISPs and a Cisco router 2911  ,  I would like to know how to configure the router that a ISP is primary and another ISP is backup  while the primary ISP work the secondary must not work (standby), so when the primary ISP l...

Cisco 6509-E going to rommon mode after restart

Hi! I am getting an issue with a Cisco 6509-E switch as it goes to rommon mode each time it is restarted. From the rommon mode, the switch can only be booted when using the IOS from the PCMCIA card (disk0). Following successful booting from disk0, s...

net buzz by Beginner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Port up/up but no mac-address on interface

Has anyone ever seen a network cable be the cause of a layer 2 issue when your interface on your switch is UP/UP, no input errors you have outgoing packets however no input packets from the server? From my experience when your you're interface is up/...

palmerr21 by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Restrict Cisco Switch SSH Access to IPs

I thought I had IP restrictions set to my 3750G Cisco switch to my single IP, but I just accessed it from another IP and was able to get in. Not sure what's configured wrong here. Cisco3750#show ip access-listExtended IP access list Manage-SSH    10 ...

BashedRoot by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

traceroutes showing originating IP

When I do trace routes to this nexus switch, it lists at the end the originating IP, no matter from what other router or switch I am using to do the traceroute.  This is an example: Ash-Core-SW1#trace 10.240.103.254 Type escape sequence to abort. Tr...

Questions about BGP

Hi Guys, i have many questions about some concepts at BGP 1- what the meaning of Autonomous Systems .... and i know the official definition of it but i still don`t understand exactly what it`s     and is AS related to physical location or not ...... ...

Port up/up but no mac-address on interface

Has anyone ever seen a network cable be the cause of a layer 2 issue when your interface on your switch is UP/UP, no input errors you have outgoing packets however no input packets from the server? From my experience when your you're interface is up/...

palmerr21 by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Non-XL to XL supervisor upgrade

I'm planning a RSP720-3C-GE to RSP720-3CXL-GE upgrade for a 7606-S (dual sups), and I'm wondering what would happen if I plug a new XL RSP next to an existing non-XL - would it not power up at all?  would it power up and become the redundant RSP (eit...

Dual wan 1801

Hi, I try to set a dual wan system on a cisco 1801 with two adsl, one on the inside modem and one on a external modem connected with ethernet. My config work only with the line connect on the internal modem. Can you help me?

jangydb98 by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

iBGP do not ping from OUTSIDE

Hi there, The problem: i have my BGP AS, and i make ibgp peering between R1<->SW<->R2 and i am using  for this my BGP AS network segment. In general this is dual multihoming. R1 - my main router. R2 - backup. at my SW - there are my BGP AS which pres...

Load Balancing using two ISP

Hi all, I have the above topology for new project objective is as follows we have two vlans say Vlan 10: 10.232.22.0/24 and vlan 20: 10.232.23.0/24 Requirement is to route vlan 10 via ISPA and vlan 20 via ISP B In case ISPA fails VLAN 10 should go...