Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Hi, I just started to work with device-alias and have a question - how do I change a device alias. All I found was "no deviace-alias name..." and then again "device-alias name...". Then commit of course.BUT, pwwns in zones (which were defined using d...

The release notes for SN5428 Router Releases 3.3.2 through 3.5.2 all state that "Compaq SecurePath Manager software does not work withiSCSI and an MSA1000" in the Caveats section.The release notes for 3.5.3 make no mention whatsoever, not even as a r...

dawnhc by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I JUST STARTED LEARNING ABOUT CCNA.SO PLEASE DO NOT DEEM MY QUESTION TO BE RIDICULOUS AND SO....MY QUESTION IS THIS:I READ THAT HUBS ARE PRONE TO COLLISION AND THAT SWITCHES ARE USED TO GET FULL USE OF BANDWIDTH.THIS BEING SAID,HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO...

Hi, guys!"....When used for edge switch applications in a large enterprise SAN, large numbers of lower performance devices, maybe concentrated, four-to-one onto MDS 9000 family ports. Unlike traditional switches, 9100 switches can provide switch fan-...

Kypamop by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI, I will have three MDS switches connected together in triangle, using portchannel (2-4 links in portchannel) to connect them. There will be 3 or 4 VSANs. I have to connect Brocade switch to one of them and allow servers connected to Brocade to acc...

According to the Cisco MDS 9000 Enterprise Package Fact Sheet:"LICENSE INFORMATIONThis package is licensed per switch for all the ports in the switch. Some of the features can be used only if all the switches in the fabric have licenses for this pack...

dawnhc by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

switch(config)# switchname A_AInvalid switchname. Must start with a letter, end with alphanumericand contain alphanumeric and hyphen onlyswitch(config)# switchname A-AA-A(config)#is it a bug or "_" became unsupported ? It is 2.0.2b firmware on 9506I ...

SANOS configuration guide mentions the command "show scsi-target auto-poll". It doesn't explain in detail what auto-poll is and how to activate it. It vaguely mentions that it has to do with "CSM or an IPS module is in the chassis". Can someone pleas...

I read config guide but don't get clear answer - if I have one VSAN with FICON enabled, one VSAN for storage-server FC traffic and one VSAN for PPRC between IBM ESS 800s and I have portchannel consisting from several links, can I share this portchann...