Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

How can I stop a show tech command from continuously running which take up to 10 min time?and in what section in the result should I search if I'm searching for a hardware issue. the issue is: %PM-SP-4-ERR_DISABLE: diagnostics error detected on Gi2/3...

Hi Community,   I was wondering if the additional SD-Card on a Catalyst 4500X has a filesystem that is read/writable with a Windows machine, that would greatly improve the upgrade process as one could just drag and drop the new images to the SD-Card ...

Hi all, Anyone please help a saw many ERROR in my WS-C3850-24T regarding IOSXE.   *Feb  3 04:35:39.875: %IOSXE-3-PLATFORM: MEMBER: 2 process kernel: ERROR CVMX_L2C_ERR_TDT: 0x40b000000007ae42*Feb  3 23:17:34.635: %IOSXE-3-PLATFORM: MEMBER: 2 process ...

I want to put cisco ASA firewall between a cisco 4331 router facing internet and a cisco L3 switch(supporting multivlans) .Pic attached....Now question is in which mode is recommended for the cisco ASA to be configured coz in router mode there will b...

router asa.png

Hi, I need to move standby chassis of our 6500 VSS and I need to minimize impart to our running services. If I turn off Standby chassis will be there any downtime/outage or Active chassis will handle all traffic immediately? All other devices are con...

vokabakov by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, We have 2 x DCs. One is newer with all mod cons and 2 x 7K Cores plus 200 x3750 access switches and a smaller DC with 2 x  5K cores plus 50x 3750 access switches for surrounding areas. The 7K and 5K are link by VPC. Recently we deploy a new 3...

q-le by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, Hopefully a quick questions. I need to disable VTP on our access and distribution switches as we dont want VTP to operate on our network. What is typically the best/recommended way to do this now? Is it better to use VTP mode transparent or o...

dm2020 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a c3750 switch in production at one of our sites. I also have a c9300 that was just recently bought. My question is can I stack both of those switches together? If so, are there specific cables needed to do this - both back ends port connectio...

Rsbell by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have several IP Cameras which require one of two scenarios to seemingly work properly on Catalyst 3850U switches. 1.  configure power inline 2-event 2.  (I've been told by a customer) that if I force the port to negotiate POE via LLDP, the 2-event ...