Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  Well, it isn't broken, but I want to ensure that I don't run into problems in the event of a failure.   I have a pair of 9k's (N9k1 & N9k2) set up as HSRP for a number of VLANs, with N9k1 as the active for each.  O...

Hi guys ! Hope someone can point me in the right direction. We have 08 Cisco Switch model WS-C2960G-24TC-L running a 15.0(2)SE8 ( MD ) -25-MAY-2015 firmware version.  All of them are working with more than 80% memory processor.   show memory statisti...

I just received a brand new out of the box 3850. I am configuring it for a very basic configuration, no VLANs nothing special.   I am new to the Cisco world, and all I am trying to do is give it a management IP. I am probably missing something, but I...

SeaLH by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How is this possible? Sw1#show ip route 10.60.1.40% Subnet not in tableSw1#show ip route connected 10.0.0.0/8 is variably subnettedC 10.60.1.0/24 is directly connected, Vlan60

eekman by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,   Can anyone tell me is it possible to do CCNA Collaboration(Voice) Certification before the CCNA R&S? Actually in Cisco website itself mentioned no prerequisites for CCNA Collaboration(Voice)   And is it possible to go for CCNP R&S Certification...

Rocx48 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi  We have couple of switches in datacentre (old one) and i can see that same subnet SVI is used in many switches. What is the purpose of that???. Like vlan 10 has SVI 10.1.1.0/24 on core switch. The core switch is connected to an access switch whic...

I have a printer that will appear for 3-5 pings after the port is bounced, then it disappears.  I have removed all port security config from the port, upgraded the switch to newer iOS, and rebooted it.    Printer works if we remove the phone from the...

Farls999 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi gurus,   I've been racking my brain on this, and I'm hoping it's a really simple solution.  The configurations below are very basic.   Router interface f2 (192.168.10.1) connects to switch interface g0/1 (192.168.10.2).  PC1 connects to switch and...

joel75941 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi  I have a cisco catalyst 4507R+E core switch that has been serving as DHCP in my network. I want to shift this role to a server, all configurations are set in the virtual server and ip helper-address is configured as well. But clients are not able...

mykie by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes