Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi every bodyCan we use key chain with ospf for md5 authenticatin?My book shows an example of using key chain with eigrp for md5 autentication. I am just wondering if the same is possible for ospf.thanks

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I will try to connect two WS-C3650-24TS switches with GLC-GE-100FX SFP modules. Link is up. Packet is outcome from one interface, but do not come to another interface. Test with ping. The settings on both switches are the same.   Switch Ports Model  ...

dmtt by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good Afternoon,   I have a question regarding just a basic understanding of Cisco Images and licenses - I know that a device will need to have an image which needs to be pre loaded onto the device before it can start working in the correct manner.   ...

cknox1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm facing a issue in lacp with nexus 9000v and vIOSLACP doesn't work at all.What I observe is that Nexus use destination mac address 00:01:02:03:04:05 for LACP packet.On the RFC, this should be 01:80:c2:00:00:02 ( and that's the address used by ...

Hello, I was wondering, if it is considered at any time soon or at some point in future to introduce DNS-based routing on Cisco Routers/ASAs? Instead of using a destination's IP Address, is it possible to use its DNS entry on a static route? [Similar...

Netmart by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've only dealt with fiber in labs, never on the job, so I'm not a newbie in general, but a newbie to fiber.  I'm hoping I'm just making some easily correctable rookie mistake here   Our LAN has two network closets, about 75 meters apart.  We've used...

Hello Experts, I need to build a small infrastructure for around 100 employees. so decided to have edge switch 9300 series with mGig/PoE to connect servers and APs.   Shall I also build a stack of 9300 series SWs in core or it supports only layer 2 ?...

Hello experts,We are having strange behavior on one of our networks, it seems related to mac address table and ip arp table but we are not sure yet. This is a stack of 3750G, they have the L3 routing and the stp root role. The stack is composed by th...

Dears, i need help in tracing out what caused the router 2821 to hang, attached is two logs collected   one before the router hanged was taken on 21feb2018, second , after hanging , log taken after restart. is any one can check and let me what caused...

So we just got a 9300 and are trying to get the web gui up and running.  I enabled the http server, assigned an IP address to the management interface and created an admin user with priviledge 15.     I can log on the first time after an http server ...

bored28 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco Router1812. This router has fe0,fe1 and f2-f9 as switcher ports. I want to get to configure this router as dhcp server for client connected on f2-f9 port. I am a newbie and I certainly make a mistake. there is someone who can help me? ...

rdp1960 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,   routers is having strange issue, it reboots itself. please help to solve the issue. here below crash info   ------------------ show version ------------------ Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 15.1(3)...