Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

In which situation would the use of a static route be appropriate?   To configure a route to the first Layer 3 device on the network segment.To configure a route from an ISP router into a corporate network.To configure a route when the administrative...

jonk34567 by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Topology: Client(DHCP Client:192.168.1.1/24)-----(DHCP Relay:192.168.1.254/24)Gateway----(NAT Inside: 10.1.1.2/30)Outband(NAT Outband:200.1.1.1/30)----ISP   Issue: The overload nat can not work fine.the Outband router did not translate 192.168.1.1(DH...

Hello Experts - I have to determine whether to use Nexus 5K or 3750 Stackwise Switch for Etherchannel   What is the advantage of using Nexus VPC over 3750 stackwise in terms of Etherchannel. What i know is 1) 3750 uses stackwise cable which has cable...

" Serial 1/0 is up line protocol Down " what is the possible reason for this error ?    A. Ensure that the serial cable is correctly plugged in to the interfaces.B. Apply the clock rate 56000 configuration command to the serial0/1 interface of R1.C. ...

jonk34567 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi There   So I have just purchased an nVidia Shield for my media center needs and I've stumbled onto a bit of a problem. The shield has chromecast built in - which is a fantastic idea - however the cast feature uses multicast and I've hit a snag. My...

PC ----Switch----Router     Switch can ping Router PC can ping Router   but my switch can't ping my PC ? why is this? Just curious I mean my internet works fine and everything works normal as it should.   interface FastEthernet1/0/1 switchport access...

We got new connection from ISP 40GE link (4x10GE in LACP) I have created SVI vlan3 and configured IP and set default route but very strange thing happened Nexus 9k switche (L3) interface Vlan3 description HAND_OF no shutdown ip address 74.xx.xx...

Can anyone help to explain the below question . Few of the sites describe about AD and few AB. Which is the correct please help me to correct . Thanks advanced .   Which two features can dynamically assign IPv6 addresses?A. IPv6 stateless autoconfigu...

Good Day Everyone   We are building a network on a budget and managed to get 3 Cisco 877 ADSL routers for 50 bucks a piece. What a bargain!   I have a little question though.    According to the documentation on these routers they "Should Support"up ...

GuyCisco by Level 1
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey all,   I am running a trace from remote access VPN and I am seeing the first hop and the last hop as the same IP.  What would cause this?   Tracing route to 10.70.6.23 over a maximum of 30 hops  1    38 ms     *       28 ms  10.70.6.23  2   174 m...

aellis001 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes