Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear all,   I'm trying to figure out the correct settings to enable Jumbo Frame on SUP 6T...   On SUP 6T you can only change MTU at Ethernet Frame L2 and not also at L3, isn't it?   I've noticed that system MTU is per default 9216 but PHY and SVI int...

oguarisco by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I have configured some 6509 ports in SPAN mode with an active monitor session. In particular I have configured one port on a catalyst and another port on another catalyst in order to sniff the traffic passing through this domain (composed by ...

hi all,we have sniffer hooked to switch and it showsGigabitEthernet1/0/12 is up, line protocol is down (monitoring)sh monitor    detail Session 1---------Type                   : Local SessionDescription            : -Source Ports           :     RX ...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,   We have a Cisco 2960x switch that has been in production with no issue for around a year and a half.  Connected to the ports are a bunch of 8811 IP Phones that we use on CUCM and staff Laptops.   Yesterday my colleagues' phone was working f...

Resolved! UDP VS Window Size

For TCP communication, the sender and the receiver exchange their window size through 3 way handshake. But, for UDP communication, since it is not reliable, there is no ACK or window size. I am not sure, but probably the sender will fragment the data...

Good Morning, I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue I'm having.  I have been trying to boot my switch using the .bin file shown in the picture below.  But as you can see, it starts to load and then throws up the following error.  I have anot...

Bootflash Error.jpg
bigred1022 by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,   I'm facing an issue with PoE on WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V module. PoE doesn't work od first 24 ports. These ports connect PCs behind Avaya phones. Only PC works properly so I guess it is about PoE.shut/no shut doesn't work. I can see no messages in ...

Hi there!I've a doubt about qos from radius attributes (avpair).I've configured on Freeradius the avpair attribute radius "ip:sub-qos-policy-in=10DFIN"and I make a pppoe teste connection... The user is connected, but I don't able see if policy-map is...

we  have two routers R1 and R2, R1 is BGP backup link and R2 is primary link. both are online, we want to replace R1 during non-business hours, because R1 has intermittent error last month., interface G0/0/0 is connected to telecom provider.   we pre...

Mary by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes