Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We are setting up a brand new network. We have a 3850 as our core switch, and then 4 other edge switches (2960X). The edge switches are connected to the core 3850 switch via 10g fiber. I have vlans setup for various segments. The network mgmt vlan is...

LAXCIS_2 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.. I have been running a cisco 2921 router where 60Mb internet(ILL) circuit is connected. This circuit is everytime full utilized because folks on Internet access our LAN server and transfer(upload/download) heavy data which cause bandwidth choke a...

Anukalp S by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Expert I can not pass RSPAN traffic through Nexus 3548 where it is intermediate switch in my network. my sources switch model cat3750 and collector switch is nexus 9508. N3k is in between them but it can not pass my RSPAN traffic. Is there any sol...

Hi Folks, Been looking at this on one of our network switches, it seems that something is scanning the network looking for IP addresses and effectively I have the below for every unused IP. Internet  10.172.84.101           0   Incomplete      ARPAIn...

Quoted from jeff doyle book TCP/IP vol-1 "on point-to-point networks,updates are sent multicast address AllSPFRouters(224.0.0.5).On point-to-multipoint and virtual link networks,updates are unicasted to the interface addresses  of the adjacent neighb...

Hi all, Scenario:  we have vlan 15 as management vlan, vlan 16 as server vlan. and vlan 201,202,203 as user vlan. we have cisco 3560 catalyst switch. I have created switch vlan interface for vlan 15 as 192.168.15.254 & vlan 16 as 192.168.16.254 .We h...

Hi Team - I have two ws-C4500X-16 chasis, Sw1 & Sw2, all running fine. For some reasons, Sw1 was down since long & Sw2 has taken VSS-Active role. we made several changes on SW2 during this time. Now i would like to bring the SW1 into production, i a...

Hi All, I can't seem to find Cisco documentation that covers IOS upgrade on 4500X without ISSU. ISSU is not an option for me as the version i'm moving to (03.06.05) doesn't appear to support ISSU. Is there an alternative way to upgrade the 4500X in ...

I am having an issue with excessive punt-rate-limit count.  The count increases on the order of 2000 counts per second, which is causing videos to become useless due to the many UDP packets that are being dropped. I have not found much on this topic,...

failingrw by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,  I have two 4500x running VSS. It has two 8x10G fiber optic modules installed. I want to install one more fiber optic module on each switch without shutdown or restarting it. Is it something possible to do ?  Thanks Thili