Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I am trying to get ready to replace a 5K switch in our network with multiple 2Ks attached and a VPC connection to another 5K for redundancy. I expect the redundant switch to keep the traffic up and running while I replace the defective 5K, bu...

Hi Guys I have 2 x Nexus 7010s each with dual SUP2 supervisors. We are currently running on 6.1(2) but I want to upgrade to the latest recommended software of 6.2(16). So a big jump.  I have looked at the release notes and I cannot perform a direct I...

Hi All, This may be a complete noob question but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around how to get it to work. I have a vendor coming in that will be using several of our office network jacks to connect their computers. These all feed back to our...

hadams111 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a HP 5406r Z2L and Cisco 2960x.  I try to connect my Cisco 2960x thru Fiber Patch Cord Multi mode connected using GLC-SX-MMD gibic and the other end is SFP LXJ4859C connected to HP 5406r Z2L switch.  My problem is, there is no Light in bo...

Hi All, Can any one let me know what would be the issue , that  HSRP states on  the switches are changing frequently from standby to speak and back & forth. Please suggest any solution for the same . Below are the logs. 1407632: May 28 12:26:59: %H...

I am the process of migrating off of our 6509 core switch and onto a newer Nexus5 switch. In order to ease the transition, I am trying to tie the two switches together. Because the 6509 has no 10Gbe or 10Gbe fiber connections so I am trying to use po...

Hi, I started new installation of CUCM on my network and I'm stuck oh how to route the internal LAN to reach the SIP Gateway although the router is reaching the my lan vlan ip addresses and the phone is reaching the cucm. now from my pc with IP addre...

Resolved! DHCP snooping

Hello everyone! Today we implemented DHCP snooping on a 2960-X with version 15.0(2a)EX5. When we implemented the feature we noticed a weird behavior. We preformed testing and noticed when the client send a DHCP request the server at the un-trusted po...

Good Morning, I'm having an issue with our SG300-28P switch and I'd like some help deciphering the logs. Our Mitel IP phones have randomly reset multiple times over the last few weeks. However, the PCs which are connected to the phones seem to be ok,...

Kirk Gable by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card