Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am not sure if my VOIP vendor steered me in the right direction. I am not using Cisco phones, but a workstation is connected downstream of the phone; however, the vendor told us to use the following settings on interfaces   !global mls qos map cos-...

romanroma by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! DHCP Snooping

Scenerio:As part of a tech refresh project at a large campus and due to several issues caused by (l)users plugging in home routers to the network and causing DHCP issues I am looking to enable DHCP snooping. During the tech refresh the access switche...

Hello there, I am trying to uplink two switches to extend a network.  I have put in a cisco 3850 Switch and when I plug in a SG350TP switch the port lights up for a couple of seconds then the port becomes unavailable.  I can't even plug a laptop into...

jburleson by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two switches, that are connected via a port channel, two 1Gb ports, in trunk mode.I have them set to only allow VLAN 66 traffic over the port channel.  This is set in the port channel.on each side, I have a switch attached, and then a firewall...

btkach by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Cisco Community!Need to verify:Two firewalls, one active and one passive, are connected to two physical ports on the core switch.Both ports are access ports and are assigned to VLAN 4.The inquiry is:One port (Te2/2/1) passing no traffic at all,...

Hello, I have read somewhere that the command "vpc peer-switch" only starts "working" when the Nexus pair is the root of the vpc VLAN.Is this correct ? If the Nexus pair is not the root for some VLANs, what happens if i configure this command ? Will ...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We plan to setup c8000v (not as SD-WAN) in AWS (PAYG), but can't find information about ec2 type and throughput relations.I just found in documentation (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/catalyst-8000v-edge-software/data...

Naz_sys_d by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello team,I am seeking some help/guidance to understand what access layer switch model could be the successor to 2960 series which we have in place right now. We are an industrial manufacturing environment so, cisco models that are rugged and suited...