Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I want to lock the switchport in such a way that it only allow one end device to be connected and no two more devices are connected using a AP or another switch or a hub. I don't want to reserve MAC address for the switchport. Instead, I just want to...

I just replaced all of our older switches out with newer Gig-port switches. I noticed that the network speed didn't increase like I had hoped for. We have workstations plugged into VOIP phones that have ports only rated for 10/100. Is there anything ...

bmack2121 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, We have 2 switches(voice switc) interconnected with few SVI( HSRP). Here what is the issue is we are unable to ping from different vlan hosts. We verified ip routing is enabled even we can ping from different SVI but not able communicate fro...

sanoop m by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to configure EIGRP authentication on a Cisco 3750 switch following version: System image file is "flash:/c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE8.bin" I can create the key chain without an issue, but when I go into an interface Fa1/0/12 for exam...

Hello! We detect strange situation in our product environment with OSPF. Screenshot from router console attached. Neighror with ID 172.30.255.21 absent in neighbor table, but command sh ip route display route to network through this neighbor: Routi...

Hi,A computer is connected to a Cisco IP Phone. Once in a while, the port gets err-disabled and we receive a user complaint. Switch logs show the following:Dec 26 18:10:31.872 CET: %SPANTREE-2-BLOCK_BPDUGUARD: Received BPDU on port Fa1/0/32 with BPDU...

I am trying to understand what the differences are (or if there are?) between the following class-maps on a Catalyst 2960X: class-map match-any multimedia-class  match ip dscp af31 af32 af33 class-map match-any multimedia-class  match ip dscp af31 ...

HiI am facing some slow downloading issues . Its like if i download some files from internet suddenly traffic rate reducing .from the attached asp drop output how can i analyze Thanks

I'm a student in IT and in packet Tracer we created a network with switches.Now I configured the ssh for  remotely connection from one of the pc's.Because it's in packet Tracer I only can use cmd-prompt (no putty or TeraTerm) My configuartion:  #conf...

Valeriek76 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,  i have 2 4500x connect via VSS . they r currently the aggregation layer at my network and have other cisco switches connect to them. the issue im having is when i type show cdp neighbors  there are no entries at all. everything is working fine,...

Dears,kindly need your support to handle my case urgently and i candidate to 300-101 exam on 15/3/2016 at 5:55 pm at hero tech center on nasr city cairo egypt and neither  command copy running-configuration startup-configuration  nor ( copy running-c...

Hello everybody, I've a question about multicast routing on Layer 3 switch. Currently we have a Layer 3 switch (Core switch: Catalyst 6880x) with SVI configured. Multicast routing is configured for some SVI (Ip pim sparse-mode). Is there a way to pr...

g.ska by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card