Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi I have a network in which I have several VRFs residing on one router (3925).  I need to be able to route between a few prefixes in the VRFs at a high rate, for traffic in on the same trunked interface (to go back out the same interface).  The rout...

Has anyone used IP SLA on the ME3400? We have a ME-3400EG-12CS-M (12.2(58)SE1 ME340x-METROIPACCESSK9-M) does not support IP SLA which we will have to use in a coming change. Do we need to upgrade the IOS? To which version? or Is there some feature n...

I joined an organisation as Network Engineer, and I am trying to solve some issues. One major issue I am confronting I will describe it as follows; The network has two Core switches, Core 1 and Core 2, where Core 1 is the main switch. Core 1 is a Fo...

Hello All, We have this vlan 1215 on switches. These were newly created.There are no access ports assigned against them yet , but they do have trunks on them.The gateway for this resides on a firewall and the trunk through it has been enabled for ab...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are setting up EIGRP for gateway failover to a redundant data center and I'm having issues getting EIGRP (or OSPF for that matter) to form an adjacency.  I've attached diagram of our setup but a brief description below: Campus LAN eventually hits...

Hi,recently I bought 4 ws-c3560-24ts-e reforbished from eBay and It has ip base IOS installation. The only reason that I got this It's because this model should support Ip service IOS.My questions is could i install IPS ios on this without any paymen...

attar0001 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

POE

Hello everyone, I have a 3560 switch that is not supplying POE to my devices, access point and switch. all the ports are poe auto an the show power inline command is as follows. Available:0.0(w) Used:0.0(w) Remaining:0.0(w) Interface Admin Oper Powe...

Hi I am trying to get my head around the bandwidth and throughput stated on the cisco documents when searching for which router to buy. So I have seen routers (e.g ISR 4351) that has a performance rating of upto 2GBPS, yet you can have a module inst...

Hi All,We are using three 3750X switches in stack. we are seeing the cpu spike is reaching 100% once in a 2 hours or three hours . But the average CPU is upto 40% only . we are using this switch as L2 and L3 also with PBR. IS this spikes are expected...

When will a packet get tagged?I have attached 3 network architecture diagrams(Image 1, 2, 3). Configurations:Image 1: Both L3 switches were in default VLAN's and no trunk link present between them. All the access ports were left to default including ...

Vignesh M by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This is related to another question I asked on here but more specifically about ARP on the network... I have a network of 8 SG300-52 switches.   I have around 200 active IPs on the network.  (Yes there are a lot of unused ports on the switches) I am ...