Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi On IOS XR routers, the command “sh run | file fn” can be used to capture the running config to the file “fn” in cmd format.What is the equivalent command/way to capture the running-config in xml format to a file? The below xml gets the running con...

jotran by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Confused, I have a switch that allows me to telnet via the console port with no password prompt but when I try to manage the switch through Cisco Network Assistant (or browser) am prompted for a password.  I was told there was a password for the swit...

Hi I am wondering how most people go about this. If I was replacing a core switch, how would you guys recommend I migrate the config over. SSo would you1) connect the new core to the old core and then take a phased approach by migrating layer 2 then ...

Resolved! VLAN Question

HiPlease see attached topology. So I am on a host on vlan 2, my gateway is 192.168.2.1 which is on core 2. I can ping the 192.168.2.1, 192.168.100.1, 192.168.101.1 and 192.168.2.2.Why can I not ping 192.168.100.2 & 192.168.101.2?IP Routing is enabled...

Hi folks,We are renting a small office in a floor which consists of many offices. The way internet is distributed here is, they have a verizon fios router and a couple of unmanaged switch, from which cables are run to offices for internet. One of the...

Resolved! 4500X with GLC-T

I just got few 4500X with GLC-t port, I have been trying to download to the switch a new IOS image. I configured the vlan x and configured the int vlan x. and place the switch port te1/1 in it.the port would not come up. it keeps saying it noconnecte...

Hello,Does anyone know how to configure C6800IA renumbering when C6800IA switches in stack?I would like to change (see printout below) mod 1 into 2 and vice versa. In case we have Cisco Catalyst 3650 switch stack it can be done easy with changing swi...

sdominko by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm trying to delete old vlans and have the database back to default on a stack of 3850s.I've removed the VLAN.DAT from each flash directory so it has completely gone. Rebooted but all old vlans still are there.I tried changing the switch to di...

GRANT3779 by Spotlight
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two standalone 4500X switches that I'm planning to convert to VSS. If I cable the management port on both switches to a management cloud, which management port should I put the management IP address? Is it the port on the active switch? if the...