Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm trying to install a MGBSX1 into the Cisco 3925 but it's doesn't seem it's detecting it for some reason.I've changed media type and I've tested with another SFP module (GLC-SX-MM) which works fine. Am I missing a command to enable this type of mod...

I am having couple of Cisco 4500 switches running in VSS mode with IOS-XE Version 03.04.01.SG RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)I am facing high CPU on both Core CPU on the switch , i am not able to detemine the exact problem. Please help me to understand whats ...

Hello.  I have a 6500 that has a portchannel to a layer 2 Brocade VDX .  On the VDX there is a mgmt interface and the vlans are L2.  Also, ESXi hosts connect to the Brocades and are assigned to VLAN 57.  ARP entries of those ESXi hosts show up on the...

Hi All,We have 2 x Nexus 7 cores and several access switches 3750 + 2960 and several VLANs.All working well until recently we have a couple of users in VLAN say 200 reported they can not get an IP address from our Windows DHCP server.ie hence they ca...

q-le by Level 2
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a 6509 switch in our core that handles routing between dozens of VLANs with it's MSFC.  I'm connecting a remote Layer 3 4948 Switch to the 6509 via a Gigabit Fiber Link. The 4948 will be connected to servers on a couple subnets as well as an ...

NPT_2 by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,i configured ldap, for authentication, on a Cisco 1921 with the c1900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin Image.I configured an LDAP connection, and it works fine. except after few minutes, if no one auth, the ldap connection is lost,and it goes ...

Hello,I have a problem with VSS in the 6500, when the switch 1 is active,probably a few months will switchover to switch 2 and switch 1 reload.config:switch virtual domain 1 switch mode virtual switch 1 priority 110 switch 2 priority 110interface Por...

Hi,I am having issue with VTP incompatible on primary N5K N5K-Primary#vPC domain id                   : 53  Peer status                     : peer adjacency formed ok      vPC keep-alive status           : peer is alive                 Configuration ...

after upgrading ios Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 2T to the latest release the ASA-SM module is not recognized it is disabled. the FPDis not recognized any more. reverted back to previous ios with no luck

When we add a DHCP scope to a 3945 router it causes the router to reboot. We are really scratching our head on this one. Any help would be great. Dan

ddevecka by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 7K with M1/M2 Modules only connected to 5596UP switches.Does it make sense to create a policy type "Network-QoS" on 7K and 5k switches? or just create "QoS" (ingress) and "Queuing" policies?or it is  a good practice to follow MQC guideline an...

aparikh by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Can some provide the major difference in the Nexus 5548 vs 5672.  We are building a scaleable 1000K VDI infrastructure using Cisco B300, Nimble CS240G storage.  We are not using the 2960s switches as originally suggested in the diagram below. Othe...