Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

how can i find the reason from high cpu utilization*    1 52    WS-C3750-48P       12.2(50)SE1           C3750-IPBASEK9-MCPU utilization for five seconds: 100%/17%; one minute: 99%; five minutes: 99% PID Runtime(ms)   Invoked      uSecs   5Sec   1Min...

I have a cisco 1841 and cisco 3750g connected as the router and switch for the office. Ive noticed that in the morning whoever gets on the internet first has a issue where it doesn't come "alive" for 30-45 seconds after a web address is typed in. On ...

jkay18041 by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We got some strange stuff going on, with some of our C4500-X boxes. We got amber leds on the a couple of PSUs, but they still works and delivers power. If we check chassi with "show enviro status", the box tells us that it only have one PSU working a...

jhalldn by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ,Can someone please explain me why a trunk link, between two cisco switch, not allow a vlan x  traffic if vlan x is not locally configured ?In my lab I have three switch (2950 but it is the same with 2960 3750 etc).Switch 1 is connected by trunk t...

lnrdnl78d by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've been playing around with a very basic HSRP Preempt configuration and I can't get my Standby switch to take over as the active. Here's the scenario:Switch 1 is the Active, with Priority set at 105.Switch 2 is the Standby, with Priority left at de...

Good Afternoon, I am studying for my CCNA and i just started to configure port forwarding on my router. I have a Cisco 2800 Series Router and i am trying to forward the port 25565.Here is what i am putting into the CLI:ip nat inside source static tcp...

Welcome. I reset the Switch to factory settings. To switch 3560 come to me two cables with two different networks. (G0 / 1 - 10.102.106.X, G0 / 2 - 10102. 108.X). I have two networks in the Switch. What commands to use to configure the switch? I am a...

rutek6666 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm looking to upgrade our Core switches from the classic 6500s to an E-chassis switch.  It seems that the 4500-Es are beefier than the 6500-Es but from experience and a production standpoint, which would be better suited for a core environment...