Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to find the documentation to upgrade my nexus 7010 from SUP1 to SUP2. But I cannot seem to find it. Anyone know where it is hiding?                

mikegrous by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When a switch sees a frame whose source MAC is already in its CAM table on the same port, will it refresh the timer to 0 secondsOr it will again just store the MAC on the same port again?        Paraphrasing my question:If it is refreshing the timer ...

Hi All,Our two datacenters are linked together using OTV.The VMware network environment is managed by the NExus1000VWe have a VMWare streched cluster over the 2 physical datacenters (a part of the VEM in DC1 and a part of the VEM in DC2).We have a pa...

riziv by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI'm doing Redistribute in GNS3, please download my lab first in attached file.You  can see four routers, R1,R2,R3 running OSPF in vlan 10,20,30, can ping  each ip address between three routers, then I added R4 and R5 for  testing redistribute st...

Resolved! VLAN 3560

HI, please tell me (or give me a tutorial about) how to create a VLAN and configure a couple of ports on the Cisco 3560 V2 PoE-48. Thanks, Adrian.

The 3750X has 160Gbps fabric with 102mppsThe 4948 10G has 132Gbps fabric with 102mppsBoth are non blocking.The 3750X allows me to stack. I hear the 4948 is better for server switches because of buffering/queues. So my question is: Does the 4948 buffe...

Hi, I have a VoIP network between point A and B; in A i have UC560 , 3560 v2 PoE 48, and two Cisco IP phone connected (for now); In B, i have 3560 and two Cisco phones. All equipment are configured and between A and B i have a straight cable from fa0...

Hi,I am planning to have five Vlans in my network i.e Faculty,Administration,Students,Servers and Management Vlan on Cisco 3750-X Switch.Some of my Access devices are TP-link wireless APs that have no Vlan support.Now if have management Vlan and stud...

Hi there. Now I've got some strange situation with udld. there are  two cisco switches which is ws6500 and one samsung L2 switch. The topology is triangle.c6500---------------c6500     \                      / (uplink : trunk mode, allowed vlan 80)  ...

CATYO by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone please help me on my quelry: why encapsulation is not required in layer 2 and why it is required on Layer 3.What woud be the imapct of that ?Thanks in advance.

Resolved! questions on CBWFQ

Hi every bodyCBWFQ uses both custom based ( with a little enhancement i.e we used percentage of interface bandwidth rather than byte counts) and weighted fair queuing using class map and policy mapsHere is my confusion.In Custom based queuing we have...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes