Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, We had a SPAN session in our Cat6509E (VSS) where we mirrored 3 vlan.  After we changed that SPAN session and we left only one VLAN, we noticed  swith was still mirroring old vlan traffic. Is typical that behaviour?  Can we reset it?Best regar...

I am trying to upgrade a link between two routers from a pair of bundles T1's to a ethernet copper link.  I have tried 3 different times and it always fails and I am at a loss to explain why.  I am assuming it has something to do with the VRFs that a...

Hargert42 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are the aggregation and internet access portal for school districts in our area.  We also offer hosting services, etc.  Right now everything connects directly into a 6513 core.  Traffic between districts and the datacenter is routed through a FWSM...

Hi,We planning for the VSS implementation, can i proceed further with my estimates,Powering on with primary switch fully configured and secondary zero config oly with VSL configuration.Would my VSS intiated succesfully ?? pls share your annotations.T...

Good morning,I've just reset a Cisco 3750 Switch back to factory defaults one thing i noticed was StackMGR come up saying %STACKMGR-4-SWITCH_ADDED:SWITCH 1 has been ADDED to the stack. why am i getting the above message. please log taken from reboote...

All, got some MAC Flapping errors below on our Core switch -%SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host xxx.xxx.xxx in vlan 1 is flapping between port Gi1/0/4 and port Gi2/0/16I get the same error for different MACs / VLAN but always the same 2 ports - Gi1/0/4 an...

GRANT3779 by Spotlight
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allToday I connected my cisco IE3000 switch to my 2960, I created a trunk port, and allowed 3 vlans on them. However on both sides I was seeing the port being blocked saying the below, however the vlans were on both switches, any ideas why I would...

Hi,We currently have a nexus 5548 acting as core. Now , we want to connect another 5548 to the original core.No vpc is to be done now, we are only doing a normal port channel to link the second nexus to the original core.we can't find ip default gate...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All ,We were having VSS setup on 6500 switch SUP 720 platform . One month back standy switch sup got failed , and we have isolated the same. Now we are going to implement the standby switch with VSS setup . What are the points to be considered for...

Hello, I am working on a project to implement VTP in an enterprise environment. We have close to 45 switches(accss, dist, and core switches). I was wondering if there a way that I can poll all switches to find out what their current VPT setup is(serv...

I do not have any stacked 2960s switches to "lab" a stack upgrade.  Have a 4-switch (48-port FPS switches) production stack, and will use the archive- command, but is the process verbose or will the console just sit there leaving me wondering?  About...

pcdap by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes