Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I wanted to use the USB Console connection on a 3560x 24T S to update the IOS.  I got the connection working through my PC, but I want to know how to change the baud rate if possible so the upload will go faster?Thanks                   

Is the routing module needed for HSRP to operate?I do not have such module but I was able to configure the feature but it seems they do not communicate both 5Ks remain active and the virtual IP is not reachable.The VLAN is allowed over the vPC pee-li...

I was viewing Cisco Live's "BRKRST-2333 Network Failure Detection (2013 London)" and the speaker recommended that we don't set carrier-delay to 0 on SVIs. But he didn't say why.Does anyone have any ideas on this?Carrier-delay info is pretty sparse.Th...

Hi,Why would a device sending gratuitous arp requests will also send the gratuitous arp replies? What my understanding is that both will basically update the other hosts arp caches...so if request does it why need to send the reply?Thanks

zafar_118 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,On 3550 switch i see logs below%SPANTREE_VLAN_SW-2-MAX_INSTANCE: Platform limit of 128 STP instances exceeded. No instance created for VLAN95 (port Gi0/1).Need to  know what does this log mean?RegardsMahesh

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a cisco 3800 ,could you please tel me if my router is à ISR or not?Version Hardware: 3800Version Software: (C3845-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(13b)System image file (Actuelle): "flash: c3845-spservicesk9-mz.124-13b.bin"thinks,

Hi. I have a simple question. I am studying for CCNA certification and i am running Packet Tracer.I have put in a router (Router 1) with fa0/0 setup as 192,168.1.1/24. Fa0/1 is setup as 68.110.171.98/27 and is set to emulate an internet connection.I ...

robertyky by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes