Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I would like to use radius authentication for network managers accessing (IOS based) switches.  This works, but I wonder wether is it possible to make a local user ALWAYS authenticate as a  fall-back mechanism, regardless of the state of the RADIUS...

Hello,I am trying to setup the management vrf on the 4948 10GE so that my TACACS requests will use that vrf for out-of-band purposes. The vrf is working properly because I can ping the TACACS server using the vrf but the logins do not work. I see thi...

taelon_x7 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Right now I have 2 default routes load balancing 100MB internet links.  This is on my 2 6509's.ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.47.2.1 (FWSM)ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.47.2.250 (5510)Is there anyway to make the first default route take more of the traffi...

I know this is going to sound rediculous but I need a second opinion.  I have a Cat6506.  There were 2 Sup 720 in it for redundancy.  They told me they had problems with this thing in the past needing to go out and reboot the machine.  I need to go o...

This is my topology. I have created two vlan (201 and 202)I want to create an access-list on the layer 3 switch.Server0 must be able to connect to server1 using HTTP only and deny any other ports.Server1 must also be able to connect to Server0 using ...

please find the output of the show commands below.Before resetting the port-security  on the interface  --UNB-Deira-Br-2950SW2# sh mac-address-table | i   0/7   1    0007.3be4.0171     STATIC      Fa0/7117    0007.3be4.0171    STATIC       Fa0/7Same ...

hi all,I used Cisco ME 3400E Series with 12 dual-purpose (10/100/1000 and Small Form-Factor Pluggable [SFP]) ports, four SFP uplinks. Could I plug other vendor SFP into Cisco ME 3400?Thx,Dn Quynh

Dao Quynh by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys, sorry I'm an Cisco newbie. I configured this router based on random articles I found on the internet. Not suprisingly it didnt work when I connected it, I was able to get CCP connected and I tried disabling the firewall functions (wasnt sur...

Hello Everyone,I want to know if there is way to tag traffic with DCSP tags without having to do all the other requirments of QOS setup.  All i want to do is just tag traffic at different DCSP values via source and destination IPs.  We do not have a ...

Good day,I would appreciate help on how to build up the components of the 4507 switch. Yes I know about the cisco configuration tool but i am not too sure about each component eg to go with the 2800W power or 1400W, does the IOS come preinstalled or ...

ayosizzle by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, i dont have two Layer 3 switches to test it out myself, i am not sure if it work or not. can someone confirm in light of experience/knowledge if it will or not.I have a Layer 3Switch with VTP Domain ABC and 3 vlans gateway on it , a Tail T-switch...