Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi all,I'm having some issues creating multiple vlans on one swtich (2950).This is a lab setup that I'm going through in an attempt to learn a bit more about Cisco. I bought 3 1841 routers, and 3 2950 switches and I'm trying different setups.A partic...

allitnils by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've just installed 2 of these in my workplace on a PLC network.I'm now looking to set one of the ports up as my diagnostic port and would like to be able to mirror any of the other ports to this port.I believe it is called SPAN on Cisco switches....

Hi AllI am new to this so sorry if I have overlooked something so simplistic it hurtsWe have just received a new 3750X-12S-S to put onto our existing network but I am having a few issues getting this switch working correctly.For this post, the permen...

Two switches running two instances of MST. Instance 1 supports vlans 1 and 12.  Instance 2 supports vlans  11 & 13. Both switches support vlan 2 as well and the trunk permits vlan 2 to cross but it is not configured as part of either MST instance. If...

jacob6000 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! basic route query

Hi,We have a server with data ip address 10. 1.1.1 & Mgmt IP- 10.2.1.1 that server is connected to Switch & this Switch had default gateway 10.2.1.2(firewall mgmt ip).On server static route is configured to send traffic to firewall data interface.Pro...

raza555 by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, If you merge VRF A with VRF B and VRF C BUT VRF B and C are not merged together can VRF B see the routes/information for VRF C?Or does VRF B and VRF C ONLY see the information for itself and VRF A?If you merge a new vrf into an existing one do th...

lkadlik by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have network topo ( attach file)Two switch run VRRP, if I ping 10.0.10.3 from switch SW-6504-01 with source 10.0.10.2, ping lost one packet  every 10 packets.We have other interface vlan with same problem Could you guide me what happen ?this is so...

ngo duyen by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,Just a quick question. When implementing a syslog server and ACL's, is it necessary to choose the logging buffered commands?Exe:Logging Buffered Commands:Message                   Severity Level<0-7>                       Logging severity l...

In the docs it says that ignores occur when the interface hardware runs low on buffers.What does it mean when I see ignores (lots of them) on a Vlan but I do not see them on the trunk interface.This is the management VLAN on a switch.Is it possible t...