Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys,We have a couple of cisco SGE switches connected to a single DELL, between the cisco switches we have a trunk interface. I'm not sure which setting should be configured on the switches to get it working because a loop is occuring.Has anybody ...

Hello,i try to ping an unreachable host to generate an icmp unreachable message on our 3750. I also tested it with an 6500. It didn´t work.ip unreachables on the Layer3 Interface is enabledThen I tested it with a basic Router and it worked fine. On N...

Philip91 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm trying to set up a 2951 with a 24 port switch module. I want the ports to act similiarly to the ports on an 881 router - where I assign the VLANs on the router and I set the VLANs to the switchport interfaces.I would like to be able to create ...

Hi,I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this:If an SVI is configured as the gateway for a VLAN and in that same subnet is a config for a default-gateway address on that switch, can this cause confusion for the layer 3 switch in any way? ...

hi ,i want to ask about directing some ips to webpage .my secenario is as below :assume i have router R1  and i have 2  interfaces interface Gi0/1  the users come frominterface Gi0/2  the users go to internet after AAA process and after successful au...

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We recently upgraded a Catalyst 6509 switch with a new Supervisor Module (WS-SUP2T-10G) running IOS vers. 12.2(50) SY3 After the upgrade we noticed an error using the WCCP protocol. The following log occurs everytime we enable the WCCP:Nov 24 15:22:4...

rosarra by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have C3560 switches in my work environment. I want configure ssh on that switch but the IOS what they have 'c3560e-universal-mz.122-58.SE2' not support. As per advised I was triying to upgrade 'c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-58.SE2" for all my access...

I have a requirement to enable Loop Prevention methods to a pair of UCS switches.We had a situation where a server was incorrectly configured to bridge its two interfaces, causing a loop back towards the network and causing severe impact.We urgently ...

The issue has been ongoing for maybe a year, which I believe is about the time  that QIP was replaced with InfoBlox.  The issue is that the clients prematurely give up their IP  addresses and ask for a new one, which the DHCP server hands out but the...

trobison by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've had a read through the docs for the 3750 series switches, but nothing that definately says that jumbo frame routing will work on a SVI.One part specifically I'd like clarification on is:The default maximum transmission unit (MTU) size  for frame...