Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

If the load balancing is set to src-dst-ip, will a layer 2 switch forward based on that information? Particularly talking about a 6500, with trunk interfaces, since those packets never go to the layer 3 engine, will the load-balancing work as intende...

Resolved! VLAN Hopping

I have been reading that the double-tagged VLAN hopping attack only works when the attackers VLAN is the same as the native vlan of the trunk. I don't see why this is necessary, can someone help me understand?This is my current understanding of the a...

Hi all,I would like to do the following architecture with the same C3750 : network X,Y,Z connected to 3750 in VRF D the 3750 uses a routed interface on subnet E for the default route in VRF D on this routed interface a BYPASS EQUIPMENT the other BYPA...

Greetings;We just got a new ASA5510 (straight out of the box). I’m new to the Cisco but feel we followed the directions. We connect to the management port and have our workstation set to get an ip via dhcp. A cat5 is connected to the management port,...

I was curious, we have two switches connected to eachother through an access port and on one of the switches there is an AP.  Now the switch that is connected directly to the AP should learn mac addresses of the wireless clients, but will the second ...

max.logon by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Here is an image of VTP summary advertisement packet format taken from http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk689/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094c52.shtml#vtp_msgWe can see the MD5 digest field is 16 bytes.Now here is a sample output of "show...

Hi,I'm configuring environment according to attached picture. In this infrastrucure will be blade servers with teaming NFT, so only one network card will be up.Could you please advice me the best spanning tree design for this infratructure?Thank you ...

valsidalv by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Team ,                   Need your help to understand  on the below scenario  1)  current  switch have below mentioned  switch stack details   .  switch#sh switchSwitch/Stack Mac Address : fcfb.xyz.8b80H/W CurrentSwitch# Role Ma...

Hello, I have had a repeating problem that I need to come up with some ideas for. On occasion employees are downloading large files for business purposes, at very fast speeds. This has the potential to overwhelming our Internet circuits which causes...

Tim Glen by Cisco Employee
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have now to look at QoS, I find switch already configured with Cisco-Pohne auto QoS configured.currently the following command are configured on the interface configuration :Interface fa0/1 sw acc vl 1 switchport mode acces switchport noneg...

xine xine by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi, I am trying to advertise the following network to my other offices /eigrp peers10.20.147.0/24The network exists via  a static route on the router i need to advertise it from.  when i go under the eigrp config and say "redistribute static" it adve...

lkadlik by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes