Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,   Nexus dhcp relay does filter DISCOVER|OFFER broadcasts at layer 2.Is there a way to get rid of those filters? Adding dhcp relay addresses is not a viable option, since we don't even know the addresses of all dhcp servers in all subnets.Curre...

jvreemann by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,        VLAN MAC address filter does not seem to be working on my 4900 switch. However the same config works fine when tested on my 3750 & 3560 switches.Since user from different VLANs requires to be blocked, Unicast MAC address filter will not be...

Greetings. Has anyone successfully connected a legacy Nortel switch (425/450/470/BPS) to a Nexus 7000 via gigabit fiber? I have a customer trying to do it and they say that the connection never comes up. The support on the Nortel stuff is long since ...

m.glosson by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a VM cluster enviornment and one of the VM hosts traffic needs to be monitored.The VM cluster has a DV switch configured consisting of multiple port groups for each vlan present. The VM clusters are connected to the core switch via trunk po...

Hi allI have a 6509-E chassis that was prevoius in a VSS configuration. Due to some VSL failures I had to cobvert it to a standalone chassis but would like to bring it back to a virtual system.Whenever I try to convert it by using the command "switch...

rhub by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm desiging the attached infrastructure.We have 2 sites, each with 2 x 4506 switches which will be connected togther using an etherchannel. The switches will provide access ports for client devices and will be configured with HSRP to provide gate...

When we snmp walk the following MIB OID:CPU    - .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.5MEM    - .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.5. and .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.6.It return a instance value at the end of the output, sometimes it will return instance 1 to 7:CPU:snm...

ricelchan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all,When i connect my switch to hyperterminal using console cable, switch boots perfectly but i cant see the prompt. Instead of that i am getting below:%LINEPROTO - 5-UPDOWN : Line protocol on Interface Vlan1. Changed state to down%SPANTREE- 5 -...

Resolved! Show Policy-Map

Hi,I have applied QoS on the ATM interface hoping to improve the VoIP calls quality.interface ATM0.1service-policy input QoS-PM-Voice!ip access-list extended QoS-ACL-Voicepermit ip 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 123.123.123.0 255.255.255.0! class-map match-all QoS-...

leepeiwai by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes