Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dears,I will go to buy a core 4506 but I'm comfusing about the Sup engines and the Fiber module so please can you support me in the following:-what is the different between the Sup7 and Sup7L??in the fiber module that I will go to buy is it contain t...

Hi everybodyWhich ios command we can use to see as the packets enter or leave a particular port on cisco ios switches or router?Here is my setp up sw--- etherchannel---routed ports RouterI want to see which interface in etherchannel selects to send i...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody.Please  read the paragraph from my book.Even if both sides of a bundle are configured with a PAgP mode of on  (which means a bundle forms), it is important to be aware that the  redundancy of the link is compromised in the event of a fai...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

do the non performance ports need to be activated on this switch? i.e. block 1 ports 1,3,5 & 7 with performance port being 1, do I need to specification activate ports 3,5 & 7?  and if so how.   Thanks

Hi guys.Iam having some trouble adding OTV in our network.I`ve got 2 sites. in one site i got 1 N7K and on the other site i got 2 N7K.all of them must have full reachability.Now i start to configure it over an OSPF process:I created 2 VDC on each Nex...

Hello, I have put together this network as part of a project. I am trying to think of ways of improving the network design.My first idea was to use CAT6 or optical fibre on the trunk links in Main Building LAN between switches (wihch is comprised of ...

fran19422 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,We have a SonicWall NSA 4500 here in our building and use all Cisco Layer 3 Networking.  Our core is a Catalyst 4506 and our switches are all Catalyst 3550s and 2950s.I am trying to deploy about 12 SonicPoint NDRs, and would like them to bo...

Guess this is continuation of>>>  https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3339646#3339646but as it was marked as "ended" ... I want to open a new one.My Cisco 871w still stops working once a week.Today I found it frozen, after the weekend, and I have...

hi ,                 i am faiz working as network eng ,in my network we use all cisco 2960 switches, problem is when someone copying  4gb data or high from one switch to another switch, by that time rto (Request time out) is comming.                 ...

Hi,I'm building a wired closet to aggregate user's connections, Im planning to have 5x 3750X stacked switches and there is a need to run EIGRP, I'm thinking to order one switch with IP service image while the rest will run IP base image, is it workab...

balsheikh by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I just want to confirm my understanding of how route redistribution works.For instance, you have a router that is running OSPF on one interface (LAN) and the interface (LAN) on the opposite side is running RIP. You want to enable the RIP route...

fran19422 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody.Here I am again with another silly scenario.If one of the link in etherchannel goes down, then Pagp or LCAP simply shifts the load from failed link to other active links in etherchannel.The question is  should we expect the same behavior...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host e41f.13fa.a55d in vlan 1 is flapping betwe en port Gi0/17 and port Po1Getting these logs on server farm switch connected to 4500 switch through ether channel Any ideas how to fix this issue.

SJ SJ by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes