Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have to configure router 2811 for Data and Voice network.However I have only one FastEthernet interface.interface FastEthernet0/0description Connected to LANno ip addressip nat insideip virtual-reassemblyip route-cache flowduplex autospeed auto!int...

I'm troubleshooting a network and have run into a stumbling block and unfortunately I don't know much about the Cisco ASA devices.  I have a switch connected to an ASA.  I'm trying to reach VLAN 10's IP from the ASA:SW#sh run int vlan 10interface Vla...

wgmcmahon by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco 6500 switch, all usernames have been removed while "aaa new-model" remained on the config.  Cannot login the switch since it's requestiing username. I have the enable password. Is there anyway to by pass username request ?

msab by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybodyIf a switch is configured for SSO mode, then stand-by supervisor engine stops at " FIB table synchronization"  and waits for  active supervisor to fail.If active supervisor fails, then standby sup will perform following in sequence: Layer...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we are setting up our first ATT metro ethernet connection.  I have a Cisco 2960S at the remote site and I placed a Cisco 2960 on the Host site to test and had no issues.  When I moved the  Host site to our Nexus 7000, I can not get...

broow by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Need to understand why to use  ip pim sparse-mode use under  vlan interface.Vlan is configured with ip helper address command and also with ip pim sparse-mode.So we use pim sparse mode  to allow mutlicast traffic across diff...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybodyI have a very silly question."My book says in RPR+ mode, the redundant supervisor is booted,allowing the supervisor and route engine to initialize.No layer 2 or layer 3 functions are started,however.When the active module fails,the standb...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,have 2 6506-E with VSS. PS as belowed:Switch Number: 1system power redundancy mode = combinedsystem power total =     4618.32 Watts (109.96 Amps @ 42V)system power used =      1616.16 Watts (38.48 Amps @ 42V)system power available = 3002.16 Watts ...

Typically, VRF is used to isolate, or segment traffic between two networks. For instance, if an ISP wants to separate two customers on one pipe, and provide the same IP addressing, etc.But if VRF is used internally by one company, how would it1. Prov...