Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I hope you can help me with my question below and shed some light.we had this cisco router 1901 in one of our remote office and the management wants to configure 4 wireless pc'sto only talk to each other for security reasons.1. is this possible...

I currently have an ASA5505 with the base license (no trunk ports allowed). The ASA is currently functioning as my router, DHCP server, and VPN device to work. I would like to add a Cisco wireless AP that will serve up two SSID's (a private SSID and ...

AMD_GAMER by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allWe setup two switches WS-C3750X-48T-S, each has a 350W power supply. I connected the power stack cable in the default mode, means I have a total of 700W power available. When I check the datasheet I can see that one switch uses 120W (weighted a...

Hello Cisco support community,I have a question regarding ACL with DHCP:I have cisco 881 routers:     - VLAN 1 (FastEthernet 0, 1, 2 and 3): IP address 172.20.0.1/16     - FastEthernet 4 (connected to another network): IP address receivede from a DHC...

I'm configuring 7 interconnected 2960s (not a switch stack) with numerous multicast video streams running in a VLAN. Multicast is new to me, but I am coming to understand IGMP snooping and the need for one of the switches to be configured as a querie...

I'm a little foggy on the question to this question and hoping someone can shed some light on it.Are DSCP tags in VLANs honored?   I know how DSCP works in a non-VLAN environment... for some reason I was thinking DSCP didn't work in a VLAN, but I cou...

Guys i guess its pretty basic stuff and i am not 100% sure how ot do it :-)I have one /24 address 10.12.14.0/24 and i have 3750 swicth and a ASA firewall. I need to configure DHCP as well choose IP for firewall inside interface as well for LAN.I am t...

Hello, I am new to this type of setup, but what I would like to do is; I have a ISP handoff with 5 static IP's. I woul like to go from the handoff to a 3560 Cisco Switch, from the switch to a 1921 Cisco Router, then to a ASA5505. My question is the r...

I'm looking for feedback and constructive criticism on our network redesign project for our company.We are currently on a 192.168.1.x/24 and running out of addresses. We are looking to move to the following design and implement VLANs as well for segr...

mtehonica by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Consider im having the following network setup as illustrated in the picture.What would be the best way to configure management vlans for use with telnet? Do i need to assign an ip address to the different management vlans within the range of a...

Michel_VZ by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

According to my boss every 3 to 4 months he has to restart our 2821 with a 16-esw module installed because of a low memory issue dealing with CEF. Here is the exact error message.%% Low on memory; try again laterJun  8 11:18:51.777: %FIB-2-FIBDOWN: C...

Hey Guys,I have 10 new AIR-CAP3502I-A-K9 connected to a WS-C3750X-48PF-L switch.  8 of the APs power on and connect perfectly, but two are problematic.Both devices are granted power, but they never go past the stage of getting power from the switch. ...

I want to do VSS with two 10GBs connections between 2 6500 series switches.What if I "mix and match" the media transmission types by using the 10GBs fiber connection on the Supervisor 2T and a copper 10GB connection on a copper 10GB blade (the 16 por...

Can a Cisco SG300-10P switch power a Cisco SG200-08 switch over POE?  Or an SG200-08P power an SG200-08 via POE?  I have an area where I'd like to put a small switch, but would like to avoid having to have electrical power run to it.  Or will the SG3...

jeffdavis by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes