Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

If I am purchasing a 24 port spf switch card to up link to access switches, does that mean that I can only up link to 12 switches (one port for sending, the other for receiving)? or can I uplink ot 24.Chassis:WS-C4503-ELine Card:WS-X4624-SFP-E Also i...

Hi,MAC address learning is on the basis of source or destination mac address??Also, which are the parameters it records while learning anf shows in table???                  

We have a stack of a 3750E with a 3750X, when we turn off the master, a disconnection occurs for around one minute while only one request timeout is seen when the slave is turned off. Is this normal?Details: in other words, when the slave switch is e...

G.I II by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone indicate why my ethernet ports are in suspended state for some reason, i need an indication why this may be and what i can do to fix this issue. configuration below. I have a 7010 which i'm using to connect to two 5510's. I have one vPC c...

Hi guys,I'd like to allow 1 client to have public IP in local network. Currently we have few public IPs, but only 1 (a.a.a.a) is in use for NAT.What should I change in config and how to setup Client PC for public IP (what gateway should I put)?ip nat...

Greetings to all, I am in need of some expert advice.I have 3 877 ADSL routers for internet connectivity.  I recently installed a FW behind them and would like to use the Ciscos as load balance in order to get better utilization from my 3 internet li...

Hello,How can i route internal VLANs on a 3750X , my current network its small ( about 8 -10 subnets) so i dont wnat to add overhead using maybe dynamic protocol , My scenario is my stack of 3750X ( 2 switches)  will be my CORE SW, i will have 2 stac...

Hi everybodyI am little confused about the location of FIB table and adjacency table in both cisco 6500 series and fixed ports switches .In case of 6500 series switches , this is what my book says:"Central CEF mode:The CEF FIB and adjacency tables re...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I want to lock down my firewall, basically anyone on the inside of the network can connect to any resource to the internet (msn, torrents, rdp etc etc).I want to lock down my firewall so that only http, https, smtp is allowed (i can add more later...

Can anyone please explain or give the commands how to configure DHCP settings to lease IP address to client systems. The router is connected between client and DHCP Server.