Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello I am currently tasked with upgrading a CAT 9200L-48PL-4X and it is at 17.03.01-Amsterdam. It is a few years old and there are quite a few caveats like unexpected reboots. I have pushed firmware 17.03.05-Amsterdam onto the device.  Wondering if ...

Have had plans to purchase some more IE 2000s and trying to determine which products this EOL notice applies to: End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Industrial Ethernet 2000 IP67 Series Switches  specifically looking at the IE-2000...

nappanwo1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

I have 2 Cisco switches connected via a two port port-channel. No issue. I’ve been tasked with connecting these to a pair of HP switches which are connected via a  two port port-channel. What’s the best way to do this without creating a loop?  Clearl...

Hello  Experts, My query is related to Cisco Nexus devices running with OS version 7.x where we observed a change in the Nexus device's SNMP behavior.The actual version observed in the customer environment is - Cisco NX-OS (Cisco NX-OS(tm) n7000, Sof...

I tried to connect to my Nexus 7k using ssh (which works), but I only want the connection to work with an explicit key.This is my config:ssh key rsa 4096feature sshusername admin sshkey SSH_KEY But now I can still ssh to my Nexus from every device, w...

Hi dear communityI'm trying to configure the swtch CDB-8U to enter Deep Sleep Mode and wake up from it.I tried the method described in the documentation below.https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst_digital_building_series_switche...

okad by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good day!I have a question regarding the ACL.For security reason, is it better to configure in and outbound rules to deny both directions, or just the inbound rules?Or do you prefer to create an inbound rule for the other vlan netork to deny it on bo...

burnit by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,  Why do I see ffff.ffff.ffff and what are the "Multicast Entries" for in a show mac address? do the type "system" means its been assigned by the switch itself? where can I read about this please. TIA 

r_ibrahim_0-1668031796202.png
inɒmoЯ by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes