Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have just purchased and setup a Cisco 1700 ADSL router which is  working lovely, i have 5 static IP addresses assigned by BT so these  have all been configured through NAT and the firewall and remotely we  can access our servers etc fine.The proble...

Here's something that most of us probably haven't thought about in years.Some Ethernet basics...We all know that when deploying a hub, even though the physical topology may be a hub and spoke (just like a switch), the logical topology is still a bus....

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,when i do show run on 7613 i get the following:!no spanning-tree vlan 10 -37spanning-tree vlan 10-11, 17 -31,35-37 priority 16384!does that mean i do or i do not have spanning tree tree running on vlan 10?thanks!GM

tafiela80 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,Just trying to narrow down what might be causing slow network issues on the LAN for a group of end users on one level. They are complaining that "everything" is slow from the PC booting up, getting a DHCP lease, logging onto Novell, browsing i...

asaykao73 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am experiencing an issue with a Cisco Catalyst 3750 switch. The switch was on the network operating normally. I replaced the switch with another, and took this one back to our office. I attempted to log into the device via console port. This is don...

Hi,we have 2 datacenters at the same building and we have servers on both datacenters working at the same vlan. we have decided a design with 4 nexus nexus switches but we are not sure this design suggested by cisco. I want you hear your comments abo...

Hi,this is my first post.I`m working in networking and i`m a  CCNA&CCNP&JNCIA.Today at one of my clients i found a strange design. He has a mix vendor network core.He cannot add or remove any equipement.In the first raw there is a Juniper J series an...

Hello,I have a need to redistribute a route into our network, however, as it passes over a particular link I want to increase the metric in order to prevent it clashing with a route that will be coming from another device.  Is there a way to do this ...

BlueyVIII by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Subnet Question

We have two 3750 core switches which will have six 2960 edge switches connecting it. We have three vlans:vlan 1 - 10.1.1.1 255.255.254.0vlan 2 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0vlan 3 192.168.3.0 255.255.255.0My servers are using 10.1.1.xMy workstations are u...

Hi, I have a cisco 6509 that is the root bridge doing rapid PVST and a bunch of connected 3524XL switches doing the default IEEE spanning tree protocol. On the 6500 all connected 3500 switch ports are part of vlan 150 however on the 3500 i only have ...

With Matt Blanshard and Jane Gao Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to ask your toughest layer 2 questions to two of the technical leaders of the San Jose LAN Switching team, Matt Blanshard and ...