Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! 6500 features

Hi,I have few queries on 6500 switches. I'd try searching, but didn't get an easily comprehensible answer from my understanding point.1. What is so the called MSFC,PFC,DFC & its functions/importance.2. On a 6500 image, we come across /s72033 as start...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

There are UPnP servers and UPnP clients in the network. Servers are connected to Cat6509, clients are connected to Cat3560 and there is connectivity between these switches. At the moment there is no UPnP connectivity between clients and servers. What...

I have a 5510 with an SSM-10 Card installed in it.Router has a public IP on the outsideRouter has 10.25.240.3 on the insideASA FA0/0 has 10.25.240.1 as the outside interface  which is the gateway address for my entire network, as I had a sidewinder f...

crash5050 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,As anyone come across with multipath from 2x access router to 2x Core Router using dual path should be dual path for routing using IBGPit means at any point of any link failure it should not relearn routes and break the connections for Applic...

slopes by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all,I configure below dhcp snooping to restrict any rouge dhcp server in my lan network.See the daigram of network and below configuration.CoreSwitch:- (Act as Dhcp server)      ip dhcp snoopingCoreSwitch(config)# ip dhcp snooping vlan 10,11,12,...

Hi  Multiple SNMP platforms report power supply failure . However CLI show command output does not report any fault.SNMP alarmEvent Time: Wed 07 Aug 2011 14:46:24Event ID: E060344Khi_switch - Fault with Power SupplySwitch Khi_switch  #show env allFAN...

Hi I am trying to add a few vlans to a trunk port but it seems like i can only add one vlan. The scenario is i am connecting the switch to a linux box. I have successfully created vlans on the switch. Here is what i am doing.switch(config-if)#switchp...

Hi all, I have been testing an HSRP setup using HSRP v1 and have been wondering why it takes so long to switch back to the original active router after it has recovered from a failure.The timings I have when using the defaults, is a loss of packet fo...

g.peart by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good morning,I have 2 CRS-1 Routers configured for HSRP which act as default gateway to 4 Cisco 2511 network consoles.  In this configuration, we have asymmetrical routing setup, so inbound traffic goes from R1 ----- towards cisco 2511 network consol...

I have a customer who has purchased 4000W power supplies for the 6500.  Power budget is not an issue, but it only comes with the L6-30 plug.  They only have L6-20 plugs in their closets.  Is there a way to get an adaptor for this or do they need to g...

adboland by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! File Timeout

I was wondering if there is a setting on cisco switches and routers that could cause a file to timeout while being transferred. Such as a max file size or time limit. We are transferring images from a server through our cisco switches to computers. T...

johnnywi43 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes