Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello Experts ,any idea for below drop.#sh controllers TenGigE0/3/0/0 statsIngress:    Input total bytes           = 184983908201609    Input good bytes            = 184983908193483    Input total packets         = 476570253226    Input 802.1Q frames...

Hello,I want to start studing a little bit about Linux. I don't know anything about it except that it is an operating system. Can anyone recomend a book or where to start studying Linux related to Networking? What do I need to know/study?Thanks!

I was about to make some changes on one of our 6500 series switches, and I noticed there is an interface Port-Channell2A. The device shows the following port-channel’s when doing: show ip interface brief:Port-channel1          unassigned      YES uns...

arron by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hiiii Cisco Technical team,i have some questions about Catalyst switch:1- is catalyst 2950-48 port (WS-C2950T-48-SI series )support Port security & SNMP V1, V2 traffics, and what's the command for that on CLI screen?2- is Catalyst 2950-24 port (C2950...

Fadi.1984 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a recurring issue on several of my Cisco 6500 switches, CDP is enabled without any trail on "show log".I have Catools doing the configuration compare and keeps picking up deletions which reference ports that have CDP enabled.  After receiving ...

HelloWe have STP enabled for all vlans on all ports. In what port role/state the switch will NOT send PBDU ?In http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1181682&seqNum=5 i found sentence:"By default, the spanning tree does not send BPDUs on ro...

Resolved! 6500 questions

hi allplz help me wiht the following ,1)what's the difference between cross bar swithching and non blocking switching architecture ..2)what is the use SFM swith fabric module ?3)what is use of Multilayer Switch Feature Card  ? is it same as SFM ?4)wh...

Hi,    Can some geek explain the Switch requirements which is mandatory to connect a server. i have come across some requirements like, 1. non-blocking architecture2. forwarding rate3. 1gig ethernet portPlease tell me what else is required to find a ...

Should I have Voice and Video in the same Queue on 3750E/3560E?  Some Cisco document recommend to have CoS 4 & 5 in Q1 (PQ) and other document recommend CoS 5 in Q1 (PQ) and CoS 4 in Q2. 1.  If I have voice and video in the same queue, video can caus...

So I recently have recently heard about a Sup2t for the 6513E chassis that has 80gig of thru put. When I search for information about this product there is really no current info on this. Has anyone heard about this or have any info on it?Thank you m...