Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I see that the Nexus supports wirespeed aes encryption, however this is in the context of trustsec, which begins at the server/client.Is it possible to encrypt just the trunk links, without changing the servers? We'd like to encrypt the interDC li...

HiWe've had a WS-X6708-10GE connected via slot 3 in a 6500 and has now been removed. The configuration is still showing in both start up and running configuration. How is this config removed?e.g.!interface TenGigabitEthernet3/1 no ip address shutdown...

Hi,I have proved myself utterly wrong in the advice I gave to a colleague.He had a consultant setup his network for him. Unfortunately, the guy setup the core (4510) in transparent mode. All the edge switches are setup as clients.My colleague asked w...

Hi All,We have 45 cisco l2 switches and 2 L3, we are using LMS 3.0, I want to know how to solve IP conflict problem using LMS?I go to Nework->Object Finder->End Host->IP Address and search IP (which is conflicting) so it displays current switch,port ...

Hi experts,we have a Catalyst 6509-VE VSS Switch. We have a vlan configured for the access to the internet. In these vlan there are a couple of endpoints such of firewalls IDP Systems and those 2 internet (HSRP Standby) router.The problem is that our...

I want to download the SDM software so I can set up a Cisco 871 router.I have made a account and added the product to my cart.When I tick de boxes and click on accept I get the following error:CPR_SERVLET_ERROR, There was a problem while invoking the...

1. Is it possible to configure 2 trunk ports in a switch? If it is, are there any negative effects to the network?2. So in order for me to implement STP on vlan configured switches, i have to have at least 2 trunks on a switch?Kinda confused here... ...

jlajuarez by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I configured Vlan 3 as a Management Vlan by assigning the ip address to the Vlan 3. Then I used the Telnet command & successfully was able to Telnet the Switch via Vlan 3 ip address.Now I have the following questions regarding Management Vla...

Hello experts ,Somebody please tell me if Cisco RV042 is a good enough router to support around 100 users or i need to buy a higher model or something .  I want to configure two internet connections onto it .Also please tell me if the two internet li...

AustinMas by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! DHCP binding

Hi,I did this config :ip dhcp pool Reserved_1   host 192.168.10.170 255.255.255.0   client-identifier 001f.3c4f.2d21   default-router 192.168.10.1 But still after release&renew the IP on this PC it didnt get 192.168.10.170I've tried to clear arp and ...

Hi,I am confused with the stackpower technology. It was mentioned that themaximum stackpower is 4 switches but of course the maximum number ofswitches in stackwise is 9. So what if i have a single switch stack that hasa total of 9 switches? How do i ...

jpl861 by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! DHCP

Dear all,I have one question which has not clear to me.If I put following  command ,in the routerip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.80.1 192.168.80.20   and if I give an ip as 192.168.80.80,or 81 to a pc as a static ip(that means If I configure the pc'...