Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello-I'm configuring trunking on Catalyst 2960:interface GigabitEthernet 1/0/1switchport mode trunkHowever, if I do 'show vlan' I can see that GigabitEthernet 1/0/1 still belongs to default VLAN 1.  I'm not sure whether it was the case with old swit...

All,I'm having a difficult time trying to find any information on subnetting a v6 address into smaller subnets. A coworker is studying for an MS exam and they had a question on there that frankly makes no sense. The subnet calculators that I'm using ...

Hi,I have a Cisco 4900M series, and every once and a while (~2 hours), the CPU reach more than 80% for less than 10 seconds.This causes the HSRP packets to be dropped / not be sent at all from the Cisco which resolves in Active Active state in the ne...

Hi,Hopefully I'm in the right place to post this query. I just purchased a Cisco 867 router and want to get the unit configured. I should say this is my first time configuring a Cisco router and while it's steep learning curve it seems it's the lack ...

Hi all,i have 2650  router with memory as shown below2650XM#sh verCisco IOS Software, C2600 Software (C2600-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.4(25d),                                                                                                        ...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have encountered a very STRANGE behaviour that looks remarkably like a major series of bugs (plural) all combined, as I can find nothing else to account for it.Overview of architecture:6506 VSS system on one end (distribution)6504 Sup720-3BX...

I'm relatively new to cisco, so maybe someone can help me out.We have a 1841 router configure for a single T1 line, took me awhile to get this working.  Last week we upgraded to 2 T1 bonded by a Samsung Ubigate 1000A router.  I don't know where to st...

Hello,I need to enable multicast on a single vlan, the multicast sources and receivers are in the same vlan 310 for what I have configure the IGMP snooping on all switches where the multicast servers are connected (and in all switches through wich th...

sdurn by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Question1---------------I recently read about the behavior of how EIGRP handles queries.http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_white_paper09186a0080094cb7.shtml#queryrangeHere,as per the table given when Router one recieves a query from b...

Dear allI found a discussion from 2009 about the link state tracking. I am wondering if there is an update for the 5.0.2 release of a Nexus 5010 device in the mean time.Is it possible to do a link state tracking (shutdown the server port if the uplin...