Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I need some help with the password reset of a Cisco 1700 Router, when I do a :rommon 1 > confreg 0x2102rommon 2 >I do not receive the message / prompt to reboot, and once I type reset the router just boots as per normal, please help.Regards

If we connect two switches with a trunk line and create VLAN 3 on each switch with a different name say e.gSwitch 1VLAN 3VLAN Name : MarketingSwitch 2VLAN 3VLAN Name : Technical Will the VLANS extend across the two switches and work or not.Best Regar...

I have a CISCO 2600 (model 2621) which I am trying to configure to work in a residential environment. The “outside” of this router is connected to one of 4 ports available on the Actiontec MI424WR Verizon router. It is set up to issue an IP address t...

MarineBean by Level 1
  • 21 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello. I am having some trouble configuring a sub-interface for a VLAN on a Cisco 1711 Router. This device has one L3 FastEthernet port, and a built in 5 port L2 switch.What I am ultimately trying to accomplish is to set up a guest wireless network f...

J W by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have to build LAN QoS in a network that has a 4510 as the collapsed core switch and a dozen 3750s.I'm familiar enough with QoS to know to run auto-qos trust cisco-phone on all the access ports on the 3750s.  I believe I then have to configure mls q...

asafayan by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have output:cisco WS-C6509-E   (R7000) processor (revision 1.2) with 458720K/65536K bytes of memory.Now, I know that SUPs use to have 256 DRAM before, and that from 2005 all SUPs are upgraded to 512 MB.I am asking this because client want's to u...

Hi,It's again a generic question.Have you ever seen ARP directly encapsulated in MAC, without the LLC/SNAP format?That is:DA / SA / Ethertype 0x0806 / ARP PDUInstead of:DA / SA / 0xAAAA03 000000 0806 / ARP PDUThanks for your words,best regards,Michel

hostettle by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is Entry Level QOS? I see I can't "mls qos trust dscp" only "mls qos trust cos" Should customers be using 2960s Lan Lite image with 7900s? Really looks like Voip customers should buy Base version vs Lite IOS? Is entry level mean deploy with Lan ...

I cant talk to the ASDM, I get the CLI of course and I get no Internet.My network goesRouter 2600 with x number of outside ipsthen it goes to ASA 5510then to HP Pro curve switch that connects to all the 192.168.1.XXX server  192.168.2.XXX (issuesd by...

I have a 2950/24. Hyper v on 2 servers. I only have 2 nics per server. The switch has the first 8 ports as native vlan 1 and the local network is on that. 9-16 are the internet ports and native vlan 2. Ports 15 and 16 I would like to have as the nati...