Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All, I have a Cisco 3750 switch on which I am seeing the bridge priroty to be 49152. The default bridge priority has not been changed as seen from the running configuration given below -!version 12.2no service padservice timestamps debug uptimeser...

hi all,when we config dhcp on router as shown belowip dhcp pool test   network 172.16.x..x 255.255.255.0   default-router 172.16.x.x   netbios-node-type h-node********************can someone explain me purpose of command  netbios-node-type h-node?Man...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I would like to know if there is any documentation regarding initial testing for cisco  switches. I will be receiving a couple used switches and would like to perform a health check; on them. I know to check the interfaces but figure there are other ...

Hi,I'm trying to apply some static nat (1:1 nat) to a Cisco 1811 to translate private addresses to the public IPs I have been given by my service provider. The problem that I have is that the "inside nat"-interface is not part of the private subnet t...

Any help appreciated but if someone can step me through the entire process so that I can go back and correct something I did wrong, that would be great. I know that I'm missing a few pieces so I will just ask the question as if I am setting up from s...

billbmcse by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI am having a go at configuring ACL. The requirements are:- I use a layer 3 switch for routing- I have 4 Vlans on my network, Vlan1, Vlan2, Vlan3 and Vlan4- Devices on Vlan4 should not be accessed by any device outside Vlan4, except for one devi...

raoul2341 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have to add a network device into tacacs to use standard logins. i am doing it for the first time, Would the following configuration be sufficient for this network switch to be used via tacacs:aaa new-model!!aaa authentication login default group t...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I wanted to know if cisco 1812 router supports intervlan routing.I believe that it has 8 port ethernet switch(8 vlans configurable).Also I wanted to know if there are routers in small business enviroment which can do a basic routing along with vla...