Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Can anyone enlighten me with the most common differences of these Cisco routers?Cisco Integrated Service RouterCisco Series Aggregation Service RouterCisco Series RoutersCisco Connected Grid RoutersCisco Series Embedded Service RoutersI cannot seem t...

jlajuarez by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm trying to setup a trunk link between 2 3750G-16TD's using the TenGig interface.The interfaces are configured as per any other trunk, however as soon as we cable to 2 devices up the interface immediately goes into err-disable;Aug 14 18:54:58.50...

ianhayter by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I am trying to trunk a PIX-515E to a C2950T switch. Both, from my understanding, support (only) 802.1q.Briefly, vlan1 is for network device management 172.16.1.x ; vlan103 is for workstation data 192.168.32.xPIX vlan1 IP: 172.16.1.1PIX vlan10...

Hello, wondering if anyone has used a nema L6-30 power cord with a 6k power supply on a 6513?.  According to the docs I've seen it doesn't appear to be standard on th 6k in fact, only avaiable on 4k power supplies.  Can anyone confirm?thanks!GeorgeWa...

I have a new ESW-520 and I am attempting to create an LACP channel with G1 and G2.  When I try to apply the configuration I get an error that port G1 is a member of VLAN 1.  When I goto VLAN configuration, I can't remove G1 or G2 from VLAN 1 as it is...

sbisker by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Where's the Trunk

GreetingsStill kinda confused about trunking.NyRr1 is setup with 802.1q to allow intervlan routing.Sw1NY is connected to this router via Fa0/10.Now on the switch it shows this is a trunking link.Why does it not give any output or show a trunk when I ...

Hi All,I have an interesting situation that I'd like to get some opinions on.Here is a diagram:                   ______________(FIREWALL)_______(INTERNET)                   |                   |    [Cisco 4506 L3 Switch]---------[Cisco 3550 Switch]-...

CT2NCMike by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am working on a LAN configuration that requires the following setup. There is a 2821 setup as the Internet router. The 2821 connects to a 3750. The 3750 functions as the core. I am trying to setup the connection between the 2821 and the 3750 as a r...

Hello everybody.Ok. here is the question. Is it possible to make an uplink between a Cisco Catalyst 3550 switch (via 1000BASE-T GBIC model WS-G5483) and a Catalyst 2960 switch (via 1000BASE-T model GLC-T SFP module or it's gigabit Etherner ports)?Bes...

I have two 4900's that are core switches with various vlans on them. One of these vlans has an edge router and a firewall connected on each core switch and the vlan is allowed on the trunk between the 4900's.So 4900#1 and 4900#2 both have vlan xyz1 w...

Hi,I need to configure the control plane policing at catalyst 6509e for prevent propagation network traffic by tcp:4899Policy is works, but I want to block all network traffic that was matched by ACL 109.!class-map match-any CoPP  match access-group ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card