Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi folks. I bought an 871 so that I could use CCP to configure it, not wanting to delve into the mysteries of IOS. However it appears I'll be forced to do so. I lost the login name (though I knew the password) to the 871, which was working well, so I...

wmvbrandt by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a network with a 3750G and several Vlans defined. Its running ipservicesk9-mz.122-53.SE for an image.I have an existing application that is multicasting within a single Vlan to the address 224.0.0.1. From what I have read I believe that it ...

IM-Design by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does any one know if it is possible to apply an access list to an access port or a dot1q trunk port - for example to block an IP phone by its MAC address and force it in to SRST mode.The switch I am using is a 3750 runing 12.2 IPBASE.I understand thi...

paultribe by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey Everyone,I've come across a peculiar issue on a WS-C2960S-48FPD-L where it is supplying PoE to it's neighbour a WS-C4507R. This seems to cause the etherchannel between the two devices to fluctuate during initial connection shortly after booting. ...

Hello... I had a "funny" but serious experience today at a client's office. I had  configured an 1811 wireless router, only to go and install. But there, I  could NOT ping the Ethernet interface of the VSAT Modem. The IP addresses were correctly co...

Hi All,I am having trouble getting my newly installed 4900M(s) to access their default gateway. The 4900's are running IOS 12.2.53.SG2 and the default gateway, an ASA 5510 is running 8.3(1)1. I have connected a 2960 layer 2 switch to the ASA and it i...

rdbaker31 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Recently I've encountered an issue with our Cisco 3560 Catalyst switch.The LED of the interface Giga 0/25 was turning into orange after few seconds. After reboot the switch,It was working fine.To prevent this happen in future again, I want to know th...

Hello Guys,They told me to check a switch ws-2980G-A (I think it is very old model) because it was not working, executing some commands and watching that air sytem neither was not working I did realise that temperature was in 84Cº!!,.Aafter disconnec...

Hi AllI was wondering if anyone was able to help with the following: I have a pair of 6500 in VSS mode, the active 6500 crashed and the second unit has taken over as expected. Now I am unable to SSH to the active VSS member. The switches are running ...

mj11 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes