Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! IP Multicast

Dear Expert,We will order IP base IOS [version 12.2(54)] for CAT 4506, 4900M. Does this IOS support IPv4 mulitcast routing or IPv6 mulitcast routing?rdgs

Hi All,   I have many L3 VLAN's in my Switch. But only one of the L3 VLAN is flapping, giving following error msg:%DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: EIGRP-IPv4:(186) 100: Neighbor 172.19.17.3 (Vlan17) is down: Interface PEER-TERMINATION received%DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: EI...

Hi,i have an infrastructure of OM2 fiber. i am using Cisco SFP-10G-SR SFP's. i would like to know what is the maximum distance?, i know that for om1 it is 26m and om3 is 300m.thanks,

The following ACL is applied inbound on a router interface, ospf is point-to-point and logs below but ospf state stuck EXSTART through the Database descriptor process (i see DBD and we are not SLAVE).!! This is not MTU issue.access-list 101 permit os...

I wonder if VTP updates are forwarded on 802.1Q trunks tagged even if vlan 1 is the native vlan of the trunk.In the document"Best Practices for Catalyst 4500/4000, 5500/5000, and 6500/6000 Series Switches Running CatOS Configuration and Management"yo...

Hi allI am rolling out some access switches, the config is mainly the same apart from the vlans. When I copy the text file from the saved config to the new switch, it always errors somewhere and I end up having to see what it missed.Is there any tips...

Hi all,I am in a dilema while designing a network for a small campus with around 6 switches.Kindly suggest which of these 2 are  better  designs in the core:Scenario 1: There is only one core switch 3560 that has 2  uplink from 1  2960 switch and ano...

sajjandnk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Ok.. lets pretend I am a beginner .I have a cisco 3750 switch.I am trying to create a new vlan, and an interface on the switch that will act as the default gateway for the subnet.conf tint vlan 61ip add 172.16.1.10 255.255.255.0endconf tvlan 61nam...

Hi Guys,  Today i saw this log message in 6500 Cat Switch:%MLS_ACL_COMMON-DFC13-4-MLS_ACL_CONSIST: ACL TCAM inconsistency seen at index 10848Can some one help, because i could not find what is this message about?Regards

Hi Group,I've prepared a BoQ for Catalyst 3750, Catalyst 4507R+E and Catalyst 6509-E from DCT. I don't see console cable in the default bundle, moreover I don't see it as orderable for these platforms.Could someone pl help confirm if Console cable wo...

akapil by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes